Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Tricks
[cool] I'm looking for some hints for very stubborn Large Mouths. I know that we are in the fall season and their habbits will change as well as depths. Please share your knowledge and info with me and all who read this thread. Thanks and Happy Fishing.[cool]

[#ff0000]Next person to reply to this post wins a white vinyl BFT sticker!!![/#ff0000]
[signature]
if all else fails,

grab a minnow trap throw in a peice of bread catch some live minnows form the lake you intend on fishing, if they are going to bite at all they will hit minnows from their own feeding grounds.

if they dont hit that they wont hig anything.
[signature]
My fishing buddy says that a few weeks ago after the first cold spell, he was fishing nearly on the bottom the old-fashioned way... hook, line, bobber, sinker, and nightcrawler piece. He said the bite was extremely slow and he decided that it was time to head home. As he was reeling in, suddenly his line took off, nearly taking the pole and his arm with it!

He estimates that the fish he caught (largemouth) was close to 7 lbs. He was fishing from shore, casting into 10 feet of water with his line about 6 feet down near the receding weedline.
[signature]

Hi there tubeN2,

I have a couple of tips some common some not so and here goes.

1) Fish slower than slow

2) Jig and pig is a good deep water method.

3) This is my only real good one: Fish drop-off and or at least banks with an incline of 30 degrees or better. 45 degrees is good especially with dropping off to deeper water.

4) Some anglers in Japan when fishing the upper altitude lakes like Kawaguchi and Yamanaka (bass meccas) swear by fishing hard or rock bottom areas in the lakes.

5) Another favorite is to key in on structure where there is no other structure around.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey thanks dave, I need to add a minnow trap to my arsenal. Is that an item from Wallys World by chance? or cabellas?
[signature]
Hey JR and DDR, sound like something in common with the hard bottom thing. I am just fitting my tube with a Fish finder so that will help to find the hard spot of the lakes. Thanks guys and I hope some more ideas come in as well.. The one you gave make sense.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey tubeN2,[/size]

[size 1]Let us know how well the fishing finder works and what kind[/size]

[size 1]of unit did you buy. Has there been a lot of ash on the water [/size]

[size 1]and have any fish floated up to the surface dead?[/size]
[signature]
We will keep you posted for sure. I will get back to you on the make and model number of the FF. I will probably be at Castaic this weekend so I can get another scoop on the current conditions. I have picked up a few new tricks from TD and others. I hope all is well at he Lagoon.
[signature]
I thought wally world was an amusment park.[sly]

you should be able to get it from one of our sponcers here on the site.

if you cant find it let me know I will look one up for you.
[signature]
Just so happens that Wallys World (Wallmart) is an amusement park for us big kids. The one close to my house has about a $60,000 inventory on the floor of just fishing stuff. Almost as much as their electronics dept. That is amuseing enough for me. hee hee.
[signature]
bassass on the michigan board can give you a hand on some tips to catching those stuborn bass . i went fishing with him two weeks ago and he was slamming them left and right ! monster size fish too !

man my heart dropped every time he sent them back into the lake too , were talking wall mounts for sure .

ask him about the "road kill ".
[signature]
Hey thanks there buddy. I will give him a little jingle and see wazzup. I need to have a couple good bass consultants by my side. The more the merrier. Happy Fishing!! Hows the ice doing???? 2,or 3 inches yet??
[signature]
i was out with bassass fishing at his honeyhole today , using a treble hook and a seven inch chub he hauled in a whopping big ol'pig !! alittle later he cranked in another hog .

me , no mater what lures i thru in they just wern't having any of it . i did get one little piglet thou , too small for a pic !
[signature]
Hey

I have been having troubles catching largemouths out of my pond. It is a 3 acre pond with a lot of bass. I was wondering what baits i should use. Thanx

Paul
[signature]
this time of year, live minnows. if your in the northern states.

if not extreme lures has a nice little lure called a tb50 that has been dinomite on them bucket mouths for me...
[signature]
[cool] Hey there fisherman 14, It would be easier to help you if I knew your geographical location. There are many different types of baits and lures that work in different areas. Different color variations also play a key role as to what will work for that area. Please supply me with some more information about the area that you live in so that I may be of better assistance to you.
[signature]
ok here you go. I live on a 3 acre pond. it has 15 various structures and 3 of them are half in and half out of the water. It has very little vegiation or alge. It is a 18 foot deep pond btu currently it has been dry and it is 14-16 feet deep. It is 4 foot deep around most parts and it will be around 7 when water increses. I live in iowa. Next to illonios. By the city of davenport. About 25 miles west of the river. It is in scott county and a 25 year old pond. It's currently stocked with Small and large mouth bass, Carp, sturgeojn, white and black crappie, blue gills, red breast, and sunfish, It also has some big bullheads and Blue, channel, and flat head cats. I stocked this pond with about 300 bass last year and a friend took about 55 form the river. they are all about 1-4ponds and growing. ok i thnk that does it. also i personaly think spinners, cranks, tubes, and poppers work best in the pond.

P.S. it is also a clear water pond and it has a sand/mud bottom. It is currently about 60 degrees for water temp.

thanx again if it helps any for you.

Paul[sly]
[signature]
[cool]That is very good to start from. If you are going for the Large Mouth bass, your poppers and crankbaits should be fine when the water is warm enough. Around structures and obstacles I would suggest Carolina rigs with plastics. You probably have a good idea what colors work during the summer.

During the late fall and winter you have probably figured out that the colors do change slightly. Have you tried dropshotting?? That is also an effective method if there are small minnows in the pond.

If you have crawdad or salamanders in the area, then you can drag immitations of those across the bottom.

Are you limited to the bank only or do you have a small boat or float tube handy to access the hard to reach areas?? If so that can open up a different method of fishing and gain you access to some of the better areas.

I would also suggest Panther Martin frogs. They are available in a variety of colors and are not very expensive. Some of them float and some of them sink. They are all weedless. They are also effective in areas such as you have described.

You also mentioned spoons. Keep in mind the colors as well and the depths that you plan to fish. If the pond is clear from top to bottom then you may not have to vary the colors that much.

Please feel free to contact me if you need some more info. I am always glad to help people when I can. If I don't have the information at hand, then I can refer you to someone who does.
[signature]
hey tuben2

thanx for the info. I will go out and try somethings as soon as this 2 week rain stops. lol. can you help me a little with some drop shot tech niques and carolina rigging beacus i was texas riggin yester day and caught the biggest fish i ever cxaught out of my pond. a 6 pound large mouth on a red 8 inch zoom worm but once again if you could help me with some other things that would be great. My email is [url "mailto:Crf230rider@yahoo.com"]Crf230rider@yahoo.com[/url] thanx

[sly]
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey Tube Jr,[/size]

[size 1]What size hook do you generally use for bass?[/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1495;]
[signature]