Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber Flows below Echo
I have never fished the Weber, usually do MP, but my brother moved to Ogden and the Weber will be a great inbetween point. I am trying to pick a section and thought that it would be good to go below Echo. The guy at fishtec said the flows are too low there right now to even fish and I should go above Echo or further down below Morgan where another river feeds in.
Can anyone confirm or dispute that and which section do those who are fishing it right now suggest? Any info would be much appreciated.
[signature]
The lower weber has been fishing pretty well lately. Park off of the frontage road just off 89 and head down river. Had some good fish in that stretch. Flows are a little low but definatly fishable, especially on dries
[signature]
I'd suggest going down to at least Croyden where Lost Creek comes in.
Check the USGS site ( http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/rt ) for flows if you don't have first hand reports and even then flows can change quickly.
[signature]
Where is the frontage road off 89?
[signature]
If you wanted T K to respond you should have hit reply to his message not mine.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about in the Ogden/ Riverdale area.
[signature]
Shhh. Little secret between you and me... when the weber is too low for everybody else that is when I start going. You see, There are not that many deep holes then, but when you find one you will find no need to search any farther. They will be stacked with fish.
[signature]