Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowrence or Humminbird?
Hey guys, looking for a new finder for my aluminum boat this summer, probably trying to keep it under $200.

This [url "http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/Boating-Electronics/Sonar-and-SonarGPS-Combos|/pc/104794380/c/104707080/sc/104588280/Humminbird-PiranhaMax-176i-SonarGPS-Combo/1540070.uts"]humminbird [/url]has decent specs but it also has a GPS for speed and tracking points...and it's only $130!

Is there a comparable lowrence or other brand out there that I should be looking at?
[signature]
This question is like the chicken and the egg; or Chevy/Ford/Dodge. Get what YOU like better. I've had both Lowrance and Humminbirds. They are both good, but its all about personal preference. If I were you I'd spend closer to $200 and get a finder with higher screen resolution and more power than the one you indicted in your post. Both Humminbird and Lowrance make some nice finders <$200. The larger the screen, more power and more resolution, the better!
[signature]
Thanks for the reply, I've got a while to do my research but I'm already itching for spring!
[signature]
Also go down to Sportsmans and check them out using the demo mode, it helps to learn the different funtions and how easy or hard they are to operate.
[signature]