Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sanpitch
Does anyone ever fly fish the sanpitch river? Where? Any info on it would be awesome pm me if necessary. I wanna discover some new places to go thanks for the help.
[signature]
When I went to Snow College back in 99, my guitar teacher told me there were some absolute monster browns in that little stream. The only issue is access. I did take a quick scouting trip once and took a look off a bridge and saw about an 18" brown finning in the current. Maybe if you asked around a landowner might grant you access. I'm not sure what the water levels and temps have been the past few years, hopefully there are still some nice fish in there.
[signature]
thank you. i appreciate the info. i will have to look around and talk to some people to see if i can fish on their land.
[signature]
Unfortunately, the Sand Hollow fire last summer killed off most (if not all) the fish. Give it a few years (hopefully only a few) to get back to where it was. I've caught a couple of browns that went about seventeen inches, but they were few and far between. Most fish were about 10-12". It's a fun little stream to throw some hoppers on.
[signature]
Wood Hollow Fire.

My bad.
[signature]
I grew up fishing the Sanpitch and there are some 24+ inch browns in there if you know where to look. There used to be some farmers that owned land along the river and allowed public access back in the day. More and more land has become posted over the last 10 or 15 years and a lot of the property I used to fish has fallen into the hands of people that wont allow others to fish it. There is some public access just south of Fairview. That area fished well last spring but the fire last summer really took a toll on the fish, I hope they can recover. I can't imagine all the fish were killed by that fire.
[signature]