Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pflueger President (spinning) Drag Issues
I have a Pflueger President reel (6930) that I have been using for several years now. I've taken good care of it and cleaned it several times a year to make sure it's always ready to go. I've noticed lately that my drag system will tighten as a fish takes line, to the point where it no longer takes drag but the line breaks. It seems that part of the drag knob on the top of the reel is touching the spool and that friction causes the drag to tighten. Any pointers on how to fix this? It is still a good reel and I would hate to have to buy a new one at this time.
[signature]
That's strange. I've also had a President for several years and have never had an issue with the drag.

Come to think of it, I took the whole thing apart one time and ended up with an extra piece (from the drag assembly) that I didn't remember where to put.[laugh]

After all was said and done, everything worked just fine. The drag is still great. My only issue has come from cold weather and the anti-reverse function. It ends up turning backwards a lot.

For the price, you really can't ask for more than a few years of good functionality though. I plan on buying another one this year.
[signature]