Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First fish on fly rod
Caught my first fish of the year and first ever on the fly rod last night. It's just a little fish, but it's better than no fish.

[Image: 12398_10151413182748042_299488496_n.jpg]

Jason
[signature]
Nice gill. Congratulations. Fly fishing is a blast whether it is for bass, trout, or panfish. Size of the fish isn't nearly as important as just getting out and catching a few.
[signature]
Lookin' Good
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Nice gill Jason - Don't know if you were using a 2 wt or something similar, but if so that dude would have felt like a rod full.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I was using a 6wt. Felt like a little fish. And it was. But it's cool. I was surprised how much I could feel through the line. I could feel him poking at the fly and eventually taking it.

Jason
[signature]
Looks like a St. Croix [Wink]
[signature]
good call flygoddess. The places I have taken it have been very complimentary of this rod. They like the reel I put with it too. I seem to be able to cast it okay. The wind was having a lot of fun with me yesterday.

Jason
[signature]
I went out late afternoon with my 6 weight didn't catch anything
[signature]
Awesome...
[signature]
Can't forget the first fish on the flyrod good job!! Mine was also a bluegill! What fly?
[signature]
chartrouse color clouser.

Jason
[signature]
Congrats...They are mucho fun!
[signature]
Panfish on a fly. They're fun. I plan on focusing a little more on warm water species this year with my fly rods. Congrats on the nice bluegill.
[signature]