Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first carp on the fly
i finally have done it, I pursued and caught not only my first carp on the fly today but my second third and fourth, I now see why so many people rave about carp fishing on the flyrod, it is a blast they may have been small carp but they were so fun, i caught them on a san waun worm? how ever its spelt.. i was using a 5wt rod with a WF5F line and a 6lb mono line i tied up as a leader.i missed allot by not paying attention, they would suck it up and spit it just as fast, here is a picture of my first one, they all looked about the same.
[signature]
[font "Century Gothic"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Nice catch. Never caught one, but then again never fished for them.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Congrats.. awesome catch.. :-)
[signature]
What color worms if you don't mind me asking?
[signature]
San Juan, like the capital of Puerto Rico or a city in Texas[Wink] In Pink?
Nice mirror.
[signature]
Congrats on your first day of slaying carpon!!! Welcome to the addiction! You'll learn to key in on body language and look for clues of eats like gill flashes or tail movements. You'll also learn which carp to spend time on and which have other things on their mind. Carp body language is a very important language to have in your arsenal. Nice pic of a mirror carp! Did you catch other types also?
[signature]
Or if the water is so stained you can't eve see shadows, just cast, pause and strip
[Image: IMG_0778_zpse0aa1636.jpg]
[signature]
Great job!
I've yet to catch a carp but it's on my list to do this year.

[#ff0000][size 2]Sorry but links are not permitted in your signature unless you purchase the right to do so. Thanks.[/size][/#ff0000]
I have just caught them accidentally myself, while pursuing other species. I am looking forward to actively seeking the big boys this year.
[signature]
C, you ever make it to the City of Salt, I got a couple spots that will put a bend in an 8 wt.[Smile]
[signature]
That would be fun! It is a bit far though. I am thinking about doing a bit of carp chasing a little closer on the Portneuf and the Bear R. Trouble is that I get distracted and end up running after the trout. I have a short attention span! [:p]
[signature]