Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craw dads, little dell
I got out of my kayak to stretch my feet, and found several dead craw dads on the shore.

When the wind died down I had a clear view of the bottom, sure enough, I saw two crawling along the bottom. I pulled a treble hook from a rapala a put on a plastic worm, almost landed one, he let go right before I lifted him into my yak.

I predict it is only a matter of time before we are completely blocked from fishing little dell. It is only a matter of time before some moron starts throwing bass and everything else in there....
[signature]
I would bet the dads are natural.
They were in the creek before Dell was damed and are still in the creek above Dell.
[signature]
I didn't know that, however I think the dead ones I found were being used for bait.
[signature]
That's to bad that people have to use bait there. It ruins it for everyone else.

If they were being used for bait that is bad also, they may not be the native species. I don't know of anywhere you can buy dads as bait, so if they were being used as bait they were caught either there or somewhere not to far away, then transported live, also illegal, to the Dell.

Were they small or large? Did they have a red color?
[signature]