Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coit Fly Rod
I have a Coit Fly Rod from the early 60's, can't find any thing on the internet about it. Anybody know anything about Coit fishing rods? I lived on a ranch next to one he owned and I think Coit himself gave my dad the rod. Thanks Tom
PS The lable says Improved Coits Action. It has ring and screw reel mounts.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT Tom, I don't know anything about the rod but I will send this post to the fly fishing boards. They might know something.
[signature]
I thought Coit was traditional gear, not fly fishing. Got any pictures?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hi Tom and welcome. Coit makes or made reels and the like, however I never heard of them making fly rods. When you say that you lived on a ranch next to him - do you mean Coit? Perhaps he made his own rods and signed them.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Coit owned the ranch but did not live there. Rods and reels were just a little something he started up. I don't think it went to far as he was involved in many bigger things, like the Coit Tower in SF, cantaloupe, and he had 3 very large damns built on the ranch of witch one is still there. He also put in a air strip for small planes. this was all done in the 60s. I met his son and his wife is still alive, Mr Coit however died in a plane crash not sure when check the internet.
[signature]