Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Hydrowave?
Has anyone on here used a Hydrowave or had any experience with them? What are your opinions on them? Think they would actually work, or just another gimmick? I've been looking at them more lately and with the reasonable price point I've considered picking one up but I'd like to hear from someone with actual experience. If they worked like people claim they do it could be pretty cool.
[signature]
KVD has one on his boat, how could you go wrong? [:p] I honestly think it's a gimmick. My buddy has one, I'll hit him up about it. I'm kind of curious myself to see what he says about it...granted, he did out fish me on the last tourney.
[signature]
That's what I was thinking at first but I honestly haven't really heard any bad reviews from anyone who owns one. And I saw some videos somewhere of people putting them in large aquariums like they have at Cabelas and bass pro shops and stuff and the fish did seem to react to them. I don't usually buy into gimmicks more than anyone else but if they actually worked it could be pretty cool.
[signature]
Of course KVD has one... He is the owner or part owner of the company/product line.
[signature]
And your point is?

I honestly forgot about this so I called my buddy in Dallas who has one and he swears by it, especially in the fall when the shad school up and boil when the largies are after them. He told me about some updates with different sounds but I started talking about Lake Fork and got side tracked.
I've seen it all. Scents, lures, soft plastics, weights, electronics, etc. There is always that edge that will catch you more fish. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. When Lowrance/Hummingbird came out with the side and down imaging it was just another "edge" but now I couldn't see myself fishing without it.
Utah fishing is much different than other states and I don't think I can appreciate the technology at hand by being able to trigger a bite by using a Hydrowave. I catch bass with crawdad imitating lures in water where there are no crawdads. The sound of a school of shad being chased in the water would probably scare away all the fish here [Smile]
[signature]
On the big desert lakes down here with large populations of shad, guys with the Hydro on their boats swear by them. Know of at least one guy that tested it out and had shad jumping out of the water at several locations. Drawback seems to be that the Hydro working is dependent on conditions which nobody has really figured out yet.
[signature]
I would love to try it out at Lake Powell in the Fall. I want one.
[signature]