Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013-2014 steelhead season.
I know I'm lacking on the reports lately my life style between work, family and fishing has been ridiculous this last year. Heck I hardly even take pictures of my fish any more but I did take a few pics. so I thought I would share what I have from this season with you guys.

It wasn't the best year for returns but I still managed to nail some fish. I caught my earliest steelhead ever this season Clear back in August on the swing with the Spey rod. I fished out of state water for the first time ever and absolutely put the hurt on those tiny grand ronde chrome domes. I also caught steelhead in more bodies of water than I ever have in the past. Mainstem of the Clearwater, NF of the Clearwater, SF of the Clearwater, Salmon River, Little Salmon River, the Snake and the Grand Ronde. I pretty much stayed away from the gear fishing this season Predominantly using my 7wt 13ft echo Spey rod and my 8wt 9ft Winston but I did catch a couple this season on some gear. Enjoy the pics guys.
[signature]
Enjoyed your pics. Will look forward to seeing pictures of those salmon you are so fond of too!
[signature]
Awesome stuff! Congrats on some fine fish. I definitely need to get up there and fish with you. Maybe during salmon season. I had another good weekend on SFCR this weekend. The fish were looking chewed up, but we still landed a couple that had all the paint on. Message me if you're going to hit it again and I'll tell you about a really good sand bar.
[signature]
Late report or not, looks like you had a good season. Congrats on some fine fish.
[signature]
Not too shabby, I remember chasing those chromers often, lately between ice-fishing and carping I haven't done much the last 2 years, there was a 3 year period I spend 2 months around rigging each of those 3 years.... Congrats, Salmon will be here before you know it...
Matt
[signature]