Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5/14
Made it out yesterday for my first trip to Willard this year. Fishing was good. Got on the water at around 5:30 and headed toward the island. It was not long before one of the poles bent over near double and a nice hard fighting wiper gave us a thrill. Weather was absolutely beautiful, could not have asked for better. Trolled over near the light pole and was surprised to see no less than 35 people crowded into the corner bank fishing, my friend counted them.
We landed 4 wiper released the small one and 3 walleyes. a very good trip. I will be out there tomorrow morning come over and say howdy.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, sounds like you had a decent day on the bay. How did you do the next day? I have been noticing a lot of people by the Lightpole recently, must be good fishing there as well buty that is a rough road getting there.
[signature]
No hook ups around the light pole area. We had better luck out in the middle of the bay. Figured out the fish wanted a fast moving target 3.5-4mph was what worked for us. Friday was a good day of catching. Boated and released 8 wipers and 7 walleyes took three home for the family dinner on Sunday.
[signature]
Yea, Friday was a good day for us as well. It is amazing when they hit the lure when trolling that fast, love those screaming reels[Wink]. Enjoy it while it last, once those baby shad get big enough to eat, this good catching will be over.[Sad]
[signature]