Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/6/14
Hit Willard this morning to break in my Tourny partners new boat, which might as well be my new boat cause he only ran it for about 2 minutes. After downloading all of my way points from my HDSs to all 3 of his new HDS gen2 touch screens we headed off to some walleye haunts. All systems were functioning and the boat seemed to work well so we decided to start teaching how to catch walleye. Well, 29 walleye later I would say the lesson went according to plan. Boat is officially christened. Fish were caught bottom bouncing KCT walleye harnesses at 1.1-1.3 mph. Hot colors were nickle/blue, nickel/chartreuse, and black/white.
[signature]
Good going Mike. Good seeing and catching up with you today.
[signature]
Great day of catching. Do you tip those with a crawler?
[signature]
Great seeing you too! I'm going to shoot you a pm with my phone number, I'll actually pay attention to that vs my email [Wink]
[signature]
I was using the western walleye series crawler harnesses, which is designed with the wider gap between the hooks for a worm instead of the short gap the kokanee ones have. We took 50 night crawlers and almost used all of them... [fishon]
[signature]
walleye are coming pretty easy this year on the bay, we need to keep knocking the numbers down[:p]
[signature]
Nothing personal Packfan, but be careful with our fantastic fisherie. I'd really hate to see it get over fished, then what would we do?
[signature]
Finally got Dave's boat out, nice, I bet it is a sweet machine. Sounds like you had a good day while putting the new boat threw it's paces. How did you like all those big screens on the new electronics? I'll have to give BB another try this week but it has been tough, when we can catch 35 eyes trolling cranks.[Wink]
[signature]
We bottom bounced yesterday for probably at least an hour and only picked up one eye. Kent has done it before though I don't think it is a technique he has done too much of. And I have only done it a couple of times so it probably was just user error. But after we switched backed to trolling, we had an eye out before the line was even all the way out and had a double I think right after that. So it would be hard for us to switch to a technique that wasn't working as well for us, but it would be a good time to learn how to do it. Because you know the fish are hitting bottom bouncers as others have posted good success. I also know that you are more experienced than us at it Wiperhunter. We also were trying to get on to the wipers so cranks were more ideal for that.
[signature]
About three weeks ago we spend the better part of the a day out there BBing (7hrs).
We picked up 7 eyes but when the crank bite is really on, it is hard for me to be BBing.
To do good at BBing requires paying close attention to your rod tip, trolling cranks is much easier[Wink].
[signature]