Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two grubs, one hook
I'm quite fond of plastic grubs and worms. I like that I can cover many depths and change colors or designs quickly without cutting my line or using snaps and the dreaded hangup is cheaper if we break off trying to free our hook.

You may have tried it but if not and nothing is working consider trying two 2"+ grubs on one longer hook.

In shallow water try folding the twisttail of the first grub onto the hook making it about the same diameter as the grub body. Measure the distance needed for the second grub. With a #2 Aberdeen using 2"grubs its usually about half the body and the tail off the hook for good action (keep the grubs inline with the shank), this allows a slim profile and a variety of color options.

My favorite is a tiny frog/trailer a little more than 1" followed up by a split paddle tail 2"grub.

Leaving the tail unhooked on the first threaded grub can create unique lizard like silhouettes or fish on their side amongst other things.

Experiment with trimming the tails, especially the front one(s) for various profiles and minor action changes.

I prefer it 1/16 or 1/8oz Texas bullet rigged.
[signature]