Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard - water gettin lower by the day
Put in at the south marina about 715 AM this morning. Was not a bad day over all. Picked up 3 Cats and 1 Wiper all out in Freeway Bay on night crawlers. Trolling just didn't make the trip for me today.

Hey what's this I just read on another post. A new fee for Boat trailers? I've never had to register the trailer, and just renewed my boat registration on-line. Never saw anything about new trailer registration law.

[#0000ff]Had another pic on my phone from last Saturday, just found it. All fish caught were while anchored in Freeway Bay, chillin, listening to my oldies radio station, drinking coffee. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][inline "(0281) 26 July 2014 Freeway Bay.jpg"][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Taken 8 minutes after I caught last Cat for the day and decided to move out.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]

[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
http://dmv.utah.gov/trailers
Nope tell them to piss off if they try to cite you and print this out.
[signature]
You're just gonna hit it and hit it again until there's no water left eh? Good going.
Don't think you're gonna find a record Kitty at Willard though. Me thinks they've just got too much competition to get huge like the Cutler cats can be.
But - they do make a lot of good cookies down that way.

As for the trailer thing - yeah, only if you've got two axles. I think some newbie "occifer" has two axles of his own to grind. I'm guessing he took training lessons from Barney or Cletus or some such.

So - what can we do to "correct" this error in judgement? Tell me a complaint hasn't been filed or the tickets challenged? Can you just ignore them and show 'em a rope to piss up?
How many people fall for it and pay anyway I wonder? Maybe that's what they are counting on.

It's a load of carp if you axe me. Send 'em over to the View with the Dock Nazi!
Agree with you Bob. My trailer is OBVIOUSLY under 750 lbs. and have never had any issue with any DNR officer about it. Was just wondering if something really new I had not heard of had come up. I don't intend to get into any kind of pissing contest with DNR Officers or any other LE Officer.
[signature]

Cool
Ya Yote, WB is close to home. Wanted to get on the water mainly for some mental health time. Wasn't looking for any trophy Cats or anything else. (btw- have you scored the ones I posted from 19th) The ones I caught would have made some nice fillets, just didn't feel like cleaning fish yesterday, and have quite a bit still in the freezer. (Gonna use up lots of it next weekend at Hyrum)
I'll put the boat in at WB until it's too shallow, or freezes, whichever comes first.

Trailer thing was just a curiosity. I haven't had any issues.
[signature]

Cool
[quote dubob][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3][#000000][quote lunkerhunter2]Nope tell them to piss off . . .[/quote][/#000000]All that will do is make the officer mad and he'll start looking for other infractions.
[/size][/#800000][/font][/quote]

And I would expect Remo could chime in and tell us JUST how a 5-0 is likely to react to such a pissing match.

Can you say cavity searches? And no - I'm not talking about your anchor rope stowage compartment!

But I do have to wonder what nature of "proof" can one get? Take a picture of a scale-weight? Can a weigh station give you a certificate? What if it's not on a form 7b/9ac*&$%# counter signed by Walter O'Reilly or Sherman T. Potter?

So - if I can show my boat AND trailer are under 750, then I'm back to the rope-pissing suggestion! You want US to up our standards, Sounds like a quote from Independence Day or something....
[quote CoyoteSpinner]You're just gonna hit it and hit it again until there's no water left eh? Good going.
Don't think you're gonna find a record Kitty at Willard though. Me thinks they've just got too much competition to get huge like the Cutler cats can be.
[/quote]

How about this Willard kitty, so much for Willard not having big cats [Wink], not a state record but very good for a Northern cat.
[signature]
Wow ! Curt is that your Kitty? Caught at Willard ? How long ago was that ?
[signature]

Cool
Cut and pasted this reply that I made on the other thread.

There may be an easier way.

If you have a common trailer, like a Dilly, E-Z Loader, Shore-lander or other common trailer, just go to their website, look up the trailer you have and get the shipping weight from the specs.

I looked up the Shore-lander for my 19' Bayliner and found out that it only weighs 705 lbs. That is with a 3,400 lb carrying capacity.

[url "http://www.shorelandr.com/pages/t_specs.aspx?type=boat&productID=832"]http://www.shorelandr.com/...at&productID=832[/url]

I would think that a page of specs provided by the manufacturer would suffice against an officers guess. At a minimum, having the spec sheet would shift the burden of proof to the state to dispute what the manufacturer states.
[signature]
I wish, here is a link to the post the member made some years ago about some of those big Willard cats: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
Still going to tell him to piss off. A WY DOW officer tried to tell me I was fishing the snake river after leaning over to fill up my sons water bubble last week. I called his bs bluff and after several minutes of "telling him to piss off" I asked him why the fly on the end of my sons pole was bone dry? He apologised and left post haste. Don't be intimidated by people with badges if you know you are right. I am not saying to not obey the laws or any of that, just don't put up with false bs if you know 100% you are in the right.[Wink]
[signature]
[quote lunkerhunter2]Still going to tell him to piss off. ... I am not saying to not obey the laws or any of that, just don't put up with false bs if you know 100% you are in the right.[Wink][/quote]

+1

I can't help but agree.

I plan to put a printed message right where my licence plate goes that says "This boat trailer only weighs 500 lbs. so 'PISS OFF' "

LOL ...

Just joking ... However, I do plan to display that message minus the "piss-off" part.

---- Coot ---
[signature]
Better yet, have the trailer frame lettered with "Trailer weight = xxx lbs"

Use the trailer mfger's specs, have it actually weighed, or just pick a plausible number like 528.
[signature]
Plausible number, for sure.
[signature]
4 tires,,,, 2 axles... not gona happen
[signature]