Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reel ID
Having too many fly reels and too little memory, I find that I can't remember which reel is what weight and goes with which rod. Does anyone have a good method for marking the weight of the reel? I've tried etching it on the bottom of the seat, but I also have extra spools, how do you mark them?
[signature]
[#008000]I have several ways to ID my reels.[/#008000]
[ul][li][#008000]I have a case for each of my reels which is marked with the reel size, line wt. and type of line.[/#008000][/li][li][#008000]Inside of the reel case this info is repeated.[/#008000][/li][li][#008000]I only take out a reel as needed. If I have two rods that I will be using, once finished as I take a reel off it is immediately placed in it's appropriate case. I'm sure other folks have their own way of keeping track of their reels. See attached example of mine.[/#008000][/li][/ul]
[signature]
I use the little stickers that come with the fly line, but if I switch reels (or spools) along the way, I print out new ones on the computer, coat the sticker with Sally Hansens Hard As Nails polish so the ink doesn't wash off when wet.
I have marked the reel with ink/paint pens bought at a hobbies store. The same ones used in marking a new built fly rod. But, if I switch reels, it is hard to get off.
[signature]