Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay rock cleanup 10/4 Come help
Hello everyone last Saturday a group of us went out to Willard bay and took advantage of the low water and cleaned up some rocks that were in the south marina boat ramp area. I wasn't the one that organized this but we got a good bit of the rocks removed with just the 5 of us. This Saturday 4 Oct we are going to go back and get some more. We will meet at the South Marina at 0900 and go till about noon. It would be great if we could get some more hands out there. I had a personal vendetta against some of these rocks so I was more than happy to get out there.

It should be a lot nicer this weekend than it was last weekend.

Here's a picture so you can see what we are dealing with. http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Ryan_V...3.jpg.html

Hope to see some of you out there!
[signature]
[#0000FF]Oh no. You're gonna remove all those rocks I put there to keep the boaters away from my private float tubing refuge?

I have witnessed a few "dingers".
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
HAHA Yea those rocks in the picture were my priority. I took a friend fishing this summer and he jumped out and turned me parrallel to the dock. I hit pretty much every one of those rocks in the picture. lol. It's also good karma to come help the lake. The fish gods may just allow some of us to catch fish.

I'm not sure what you have done for them Tube Dude but what ever it was they have been pleased.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I have fished Willard since the 1970s. And as far as I know, those rocks have always been there. I can't believe that State Parks or concerned boaters have not done something about removing some of the bigger ones during the several low water years we have had since then.

Maybe they just keep having a good spawn during high water.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
C/P

[font "Times New Roman"]Yep next Saturday morning, 9 to noon, we will again be moving the dangerous rocks from the South Marina, Last Saturday, in spite of the rain and wind we did well I think, several trailer loads were added to the already existing pile. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Jay explained a plan in the works to re-locate parts of the existing courtesy docks to consolidate with others to extend the units to deeper water. Then later raise funding for and additional extension for the other courtesy dock. This to eliminate the current damages experienced by boaters.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]A very special set of thanks to Ken & Anne Paul ... his tractor / loader / backhoe saved the day for sure plus using his truck to move the trailer to the dumpsite. Ken is one of those who spends a good bit of his life ... "helping out", he volunteers ( and has for years) to take several types of Willard water samples and forwards them to Utah State University for evaluation ... such is the baseline for many of the studies our Biologists rely on for planning purposes. Ken and Anne are a partnership that exemplifies "responding to the call" when something as important as this project, "needs doing".[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]It is my feeling that this single project will establish the Friends of Willard Bay Sate parks as a viable [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]organization and will prove to be a foundation on which,with pride, we can take our story to Communities north of Bountiful City to grow our membership numbers.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Joining our group requires a membership fee (not for simply volunteer effort) which is immediately returned in the form of "Passes" to any and all State Parks, equal to the gate fee costs ... plus, significant discounts on products purchased at any State Park that has a concession outlet. Can't beat that for a deal. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Project volunteers are covered by Comprehensive Insurance sponsored by the Utah State Parks system, all you have to do is "sign in".[/font]
[signature]
put the rocks out deeper save the habitat don't take em to a landfill makes for better fishing
[signature]
So Trevor, are they planning on relocating these docks this year?
[signature]
I'm sure this was thought of. I'm just a volunteer. And I'm not going to fill my boat full of rocks and take them out through the channel to the bay. And the Marina is too shallow already to through them out there.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]The rumor I heard was that they planned to piggyback the docks together providing we don’t get a heavy snow pack this upcoming year. This was just an idea that was tossed out by James Morgan, Willard’s parks manager. Not defiantly sure what the future holds. [:/][/font]
[signature]
OK, James told me the same thing and I posted it on a thread some time back. I figured it would not happen this year but I thought you had heard otherwise.
[signature]
Is anyone else planning on coming out tomorrow? We can use all the help we can get.
[signature]