Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 lakes in 7 days
GPS and I fished Porcupine on Tues with no success, we were after big browns. We did see next years spawner kokes in some big numbers cruising the surface slurping down some type of fly. Still a great day with great company.
Bduck and I fished Bear lake on Wens, starting off on the East side of the lake and moving to the West side before Roger was able to get the skunk off by catching a 7 lb mack. Another great day and great company, thanks for the lunch Roger, it really hit the spot.
My final trip for the week was Willard, where Wiperslayer and I caught three nice wipers, 17, 19 and 20 inch fish. For only fishing for a little over 4 hours it was a good day on the water and another beautiful day and great company.
If it works out, the plan is to hit one more lake on Monday, to get in 4 lakes in a week. [cool]Life is good, even if the catching is slow at times.
Only pics I got were the low water conditions at the pig. (88)
WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Glad you had some fun.
[signature]
What are the launching conditions at Willard?
[signature]
Brutal 3 days man!
[signature]
[#484848]Good report. Life is good ....... Keep that pole bent.[/#484848]
[signature]
Launch conditions are good at Willard North, even though they have a signs up at both marinas saying the ramps are closed. SqueakyBear launched at the South marina yesterday and the water there is a little tight but do able if you are very careful and trim you motor up. Ira and I launched at the North marina without any problems, just stay in the middle of the channel for at least 1/4 mile after you get out into the Bay and you won't have a problem. Stay away from the entire South shore and the Island. It looks like they pulled the buoy off the Island already.
[signature]
Never mind all my other questions, guess I got most of my answers, except the launch conditions at the Pig.
Off to the third launch were ya?

I'm guessing you didn't fish up by the inlet...
The river starts right where the second launch use to be, the lake is as low as you will likely see it.
[signature]
With a full moon would it be better to fish at night for browns in a lake?
[signature]
I would say that is a good idea, if I ever go out within 3 days of a full moon again, night fishing might be the ticket.
[signature]
Wiperslayer and I was able to make it up to Rockport yesterday, to get in my 4th day fishing in 7 days. We were the first boat on the water and man was it cold, should have worn my long johns but it got pretty warm by noon. Too bad the catching wasn't better but we managed two bows, that were around 16" and the big surprise was a perch we caught while trolling.[crazy] Talked to a couple of guys trolling very shallow in a canoe who caught 5, so it sounds like we were fishing too deep. Anyway, it was still a nice day, even with the cold start and all the green algae in the water.
[signature]
Nice job ironman. Too bad it was a slow week, but maybe that made it easier not to return to the same pond. Thanks for the round up report. Later J
[signature]