Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forget Global Warming, Global Cooling is
where we are going. Not a big surprise for a lot of us that there is no such thing as Global Warming but this may come as a surprise to a lot of folks.
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dark-win...id/607672/
[signature]
Remember when we were kids and the big scare was spray cans making a hole in the ozone? Maybe restricting their use helped with gore's global warming?

Never the less we live on a living planet and things change, pretty egotistical to think man can change things, at any given time there are 20 volcanoes spewing into the atmosphere. The seas haven't risen, those are waves. Hell this may extend the ice fishing season. Smile
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]As was very well pointed out in the videos, the Global Warming Theory is just that – a theory. And there are two distinct groups involved in the discussion; the power/political based camp and the science/fact based camp. I am very definitely a member of the later. The science/facts show that there hasn’t been a rise in global temperatures for the last 18 years. But the power/political based camp cannot, WILL not, accept that fact.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000] [/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]And the only bright spot in the next 30 years has already been pointed by dtayboyz, we may be looking at longer and longer ice fishing seasons in the near future. How bad can that be?[/#800000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
youre completely wrong on everything . . .sorry to have to break that to ya haha

http://www.weather.com/news/climate/news...y-may-2015
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]And you've been drinking the cool-aid again.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][Image: ROFLMAO.gif][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I watched the video at the link you supplied - boring. Comments by CEOs and liberal government hacks/advisors DO NOT make your case. As a counter point, you are addressing comments I made over a year ago, so your comments about what has happened since then is bogus. Please try to keep your comments relevant to what I said and WHEN I said it. Here is a video link you may want to check out that gives a little different perspective and it's from a PhD Ecologist - ecology, you know, the science of living organisms and the environment they live in.[/#800000][/font]

[url "https://www.prageru.com/courses/environmental-science/what-they-havent-told-you-about-climate-change"]What They Haven't Told You about Climate Change[/url]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
its spelt KOOL AID

hahah fortunately we can tell between a kuntservative knob job and real science . . .

so many sources, from ice cores, to melting tundra, to rising oceans say your fox news links are bogus - yes yes i know fox news buys some psedu science freaks to line up and say that tens of thousands of scientists are idiots . . .yah right

climate change is happening and its man made, period

now lets do something about it
[signature]
Where do you suppose we start? So much (but not enough) has been done on cutting emissions from cars in an effort to reduce greenhouse gasses.

Cows produce more greenhouse gasses than any other single source of their size on the planet. What is the next step?

Flourocarbons were eliminated from aerosol cans since they were suspected of being the culprit of the ozone depletion, not realizing that they kept plunging rockets and space shuttles through the ozone and leaving more holes in it.

What is the next step? What can you do to help? What can all of us do to help?

[:|]
[signature]
[ol][li]Stop burning fossil fuels (coal, oil and natural gas)[/li][li]Change completely to renewable energy (solar, wind, water, hydro, tidal and wave, geothermal, ocean thermal, biomass, biofuel and hydrogen)[/li][li]Stop cutting down forests[/li][li]Replant billions of trees all over the world (reforestation).[/li][li]Reduce the ruminants and feed them different food
[/li][/ol]
[signature]
[quote roosevelt]
[ol][li]Stop burning fossil fuels (coal, oil and natural gas)[/li][li]Change completely to renewable energy (solar, wind, water, hydro, tidal and wave, geothermal, ocean thermal, biomass, biofuel and hydrogen)[/li][li]Stop cutting down forests[/li][li]Replant billions of trees all over the world (reforestation).[/li][li]Reduce the ruminants and feed them different food
[/li][/ol][/quote][Image: ROFLMAO.gif]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
its already happening all around you - dont you love the solar and wind . . . . whoooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

roosevelt
[signature]
Many of the ruminants are produced for food consumption and others for transportation purposes. The reduction is done on a daily basis as they get introduced into the next phase of the food chain.

The food they consume has been mostly what they eat naturally.[cool]
[signature]
http://www.salon.com/2012/02/24/the_ugly...servative/

The result was stunning and alarming. The standard view that knowing more science, or being better at mathematical reasoning, ought to make you more accepting of mainstream climate science simply crashed and burned.

Instead, here was the result. If you were already part of a cultural group predisposed to distrust climate science—e.g., a political conservative or “hierarchical-individualist”—then more science knowledge and more skill in mathematical reasoning tended to make you even more dismissive. Precisely the opposite happened with the other group—“egalitarian-communitarians” or liberals—who tended to worry more as they knew more science and math. The result was that, overall, more scientific literacy and mathematical ability led to greater political polarization over climate change—which, of course, is precisely what we see in the polls.
smart idiots are everywhere !

roosevelt
[signature]