Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Inspection
So, I got boarded and inspected at EC on Saturday. Good thing I left all my required items in a cubby last fall! Although I did get a warning because my registration was in the truck...

Heads up though, the DWR guy told me they are going to be extra strict this year on the whole Quagga Muscle thing. He said they aren't giving any warnings this year.
As of now, the decontamination form is still all you need, but being from San Diego, I see what is coming next... Professional inspections and certs every time you want to launch. Not looking forward to that hassle again!
[signature]
We had that happen a Willard a few years back, the parks guy wanted to inspect my friends boat while we were trolling. He pulled up along side of us and did the inspection right as we trolling. He was nice about it and we passed the inspection, just glad it wasn't one of those days when we were pulling fishing in, right and left.[crazy]
[signature]
This hole boarding thing is a joke, every boat is available for inspection twice at the ramp and twice at the entrance to the Facility.
Boat inspection if it were for safety reason logically should be at the launch before a safety concern is encountered.
[signature]
In Idaho they give you a sticker, one year I was inspected 7 times, but they wouldn't give me 7 stickers. I think they get funds for numbers. Trained professionals.
[signature]
Not sure but if you had quagga mussels when you got in the water and you were out trolling for any given amount of time then you were inspected after being in the water isnt that a little bit late??? They should prob inspect before you get in the water. Just my opinion
[signature]
They were just inspecting for the required items like a blow horn, life vests, bail bucket, extinguisher, etc. The talk about Quaggas was after the inspection when the guy told me to be sure to display the Quagga paper in the my truck window because they were going to be extra strict on it this year. He also said he thinks "changes" are coming in the future to inspecting for Quagga... That's all the details I could get.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[quote HD7000]He also said he thinks "changes" are coming in the future to inspecting for Quagga... That's all the details I could get.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]And let’s not forget that SB089 has been sent to the Governor to sign. If he signs it, it will become effective in July 2015 and all Utah registered boat owners will be paying an additional $10 a year to register their boats and fund the mussel program in Utah. Anybody fishing from an unregistered watercraft (kayak, toon, row boat, etc.) will not have to pay for the mussel program. And out-of-state registered boats get a free pass as well. I tried to tell the idiots that dreamed up this bill that it should be set up as a separate tag system that would be required by ALL watercraft users, not just Utah registered users, but their pea brains were already made up and common sense would not be used to craft this legislation. [mad][/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Shame on you, Bob. You used "common sense" and "legislation" in the same sentence. The two have never been within shouting distance of each other.
[signature]
And recreational swimmers/scuba divers that take their wet swimsuits and towels to the lake next door for a quick swim.
Boaters will always be targeted due to having a registration number on the bow.
[signature]