Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Trout
Anyone still killing it at RP? I went this morning and it seemed some folks were still doing well. I must not know the secret. We caught two really nice ones but that was it in about 3 hours.
I was using leaded line and let out 3 colors on one rod and 4 on the other using small pop gear with a pink and a pink and white squid tipped with a fake maggot and caught one. Then drifted with powerbait and caught the other.
One guy was using a pop gear and worm on what seemed to be monofilament and he had four but said it was tough and took a while.

It may be a while before I head back up there but wanted to see if others are having better luck.
[signature]
I was up there Saturday. Caught Three 18 inchers and three smaller ones. We were there from about 10 to 4. All on bait while sitting still on the water.
[signature]
Fish early in the morning where the Weber comes in. Fish in water thats about 8 feet deep. Use a bobber with a worm about 4 feet under the bobber. You should do well for a couple of hours.
[signature]
I was up there to check on a campsite and talked to the host. He told me they planned to draw the water down to only 15% of full this summer. Pretty pathetic. Better fish it while you can.
[signature]