Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baja Style Fish Tacos (OT)
Just thought I'd pass this one along. Yeah, I know most people have their own recipe. This one is very good though. Enjoy

Ingredients: 1 - 2 lb of your favorite fresh fish fillets, cut lengthwise into strips, 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 2 eggs separated, 1/2 cup beer or water, oil necessary for frying corn or flour tortillas, warmed to soften, shredded cabbage, 2 tablespoons minced onions, raw onion slices marinated in vinegar with a pinch of oregano, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1 garlic clove minced, 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 lemon cut into wedges.

Dry the fish filet strips with paper towels.Mix the flour, salt, pepper, vegetable oil , beer and egg yolks to form a batter. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture. Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream or plain yogurt to make a white sauce. Stir in the minced onion and garlic. Add lemon juice to taste. In a large skillet, heat oil to a depth of 1 inch. Dip each fish strip in the batter, fry quickly on one side, turning to fry the other until golden brown. This should only take a couple of minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.Serve fish in softened tortillas accompanied by the shredded cabbage, cilantro, marinated onions, white sauce and a selection of salsas.

Good Munching, Kayote

ps. This is not the same fish taco recipe I posted last year.
[signature]
OH man!!! You've got me salivating. Fish tacos are the BEST! That is what we've been using the perch for that we've been catching. I think perch flesh has the perfect flavor and consistency for tacos.
[signature]
The best part about this recipe is the white sauce with garlic and onion. It makes it. Dang, I'm hungry too.

Good Eating, Kayote
[signature]