Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fry Daddy
So I finally made the $25 investment in a small deep fryer and the results have been great. We used half a bottle of canola oil and then flour, egg, and panko crumbs and dropped them in the fryer and wow! So easy to make perfect golden crispy fish. It helps that we used real nice sized bluegill fillets from earlier this summer[bobhappy]
[signature]
Yea, those Fly Daddy are pretty good for their size and IMO work a lot easier than a frying pan for the amount of oil it takes to use them. I used mine for years until I got on the health kick because I was getting older. So how big were these bluegill you caught?
[signature]
[inline haul.jpg]They were real nice blues with the bigger ones weighing 1 lb. and running 10 and 11". The fillets are bigger and thicker than all my crappies and perch and the bluegill taste amazing.[inline blues.jpg]
[signature]
Nice, looks like you had a good day with the gills.
[signature]
I started of with a Fry Daddy and then moved up to a little bit bigger fryer. Nothing beats how the deep fryer works for cooking quickly and down to the bone.

If you ever wanted to get a little more temperature, without the extra smoke associated with the lighter oils, peanut oil tends to be the industry standard for higher heat frying.

My family has been using Peanut Oil for years. It even adds an extra flavor for your thicker Catfish fillets or other fish of greater thickness.[cool]
[signature]