Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton and Hyrum
Had a couple of hours to kill while visiting my parents in Logan. Drove over to Newton and the most of the road is not accesible. You can drive to the dam but the road is not plowed after that. Thought about trekking down the dam but was worried about climbing back up in that thick snow. No one was on the lake so I figured I would drive over to hyrum. Only had an hour to fish when I got there, so I drilled a couple of holes and jigged and jigged with no luck. No one around me seemed to pulling out any fish. I was there from 2pm to 3pm using whatta crickets tipped with a nightcrawler and wax worm on both poles. Ice was about 8-9 inches thick and was fishing in about 25 foot of water. No luck but it was nice to just get out on a beautiful day.

JAB
[signature]
Hi JAB2208, I had about the same experiance as you did. We may have passed each other. I was in a Green Chev Lumina. Anyway I didn't stay at Newton because of what the road and the lake looked like, so I went to Hyrum as well. There was a huge crowd at Hyrum when I got there. I started out in deeper water and then move in. I finally caught a rainbow about 5:00PM in about 10ft of water.
[signature]