Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Friday?
Anyone heading out tomorrow? I am still thinking scofield unless this storm will not allow me too. I am just in a small car.
[signature]
I would love to go but unfortunately work calls, as for scofield its um, well its BAD. Well depending on how you look at it I guess. You will catch a lot of fish most will be chubs and the rest will be 12 inches and skinny (like as big around as a broom handle skinny). But there is always a chance for one of those mythicle giant tigers.
[signature]
Hey I think of it as a way to gain a little bait and enjoy myself at the same time without having to buy some from sportsmans.[cool]
[signature]
And I get to work with my camera a little more and fine tune it.
[signature]
I'm not sure Scofield is a good place to fine tune a camera. The visibility in the water before it froze over was only about 2'. I'd hate to see you make a trip expecting to be able to see much with your camera.

Everyone else has commented on the quality of the fishing.[:/]
[signature]
If you have ever done any fresh water diving, the best time to go is in the winter. The water clarity increases dramatically. No wind to churn up the water, no algae blooms, things settle down a lot. You likely will have pretty clear water, which will get better as the winter goes on.
[signature]
One thing you need to keep in mind with Scofield, it's 13% full. It may clear a little but I wouldn't count on it. I'd just hate to see someone make a trip to use a camera because the fishing sure isn't going to keep you entertained.
[signature]
I was there Tuesday and the water clarity wasn't good...2-3 feet at best.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!