Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach this morning
Took the boat out this morning at LB. The water was nice and calm. Went over by the orchards, and saw the crowds of people so decided to fish near 2nd spring. I didn't notice anybody catching fish from shore or in the water. I trolled a worm harness for a while and never had a hit. I didn't end up catching anything and went home around 11:00. Went and talked to a few guys down at Provo, and only 1 wallie and one white bass were taken off the south dike this morning. Such a strange morning for what looked like a great day for fishing today.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, can you tell me how the provo was, is it running fast, and full? We're there many people fishing there?
I'm trying to choose between UL, or Willard for Monday. Thanks
[signature]
Deer Creek is still filling, so not much water coming down, yet. As far as people, there were about 30 guys fishing along the south dike. Mostly walleye chasers.
[signature]
I was there this morning as an interested observer only. I had a g-daughter in a softball tournament so no fishin' for me today.

Big crowd today. The parking lot was almost filled with trucks and trailers. I saw one BIG boat launch with no trouble other than a pretty good mud trail as he motored down the channel. Also watched a smallish aluminum boat launch and start out the channel when the captain appeared to have seen a rattlesnake in his boat. They made a sharp U-turn and made it back to the launch in time to find and install the plug to their boat. Took a few minutes to empty the boat using drink cups. First launches can be exciting at times.

Big crowd around by the orchards. The private property along the shore has lots of new "no trespassing" signs but they didn't seem to deter anyone from driving down to the water. The owner has also installed some new barbed wire fencing and locked gates at some of the better fishing spots along the road. Can't say as I blame them cuz there has been a lot of really trashy people frequenting some of those spots. I think they are going to get nasty about trespassers this year. Would not be surprised to see a passel of citations handed out as the weather warms and people continue to trespass. Sad to lose some of those fishing spots but that area has been abused and trashed for a long time now.

We need some warmer weather and some warmer water to get the fish to come alive. Can't wait.

BLK
[signature]