Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restocking Rapala Supply Help
So, I made a poor decision and left my tackle boxes out in my boat over the weekend knowing that I was going to be fishing again on Monday. When we got on the water, I realized that two of my crank bait organizers filled with about $150 worth of Rapalas and others were missing. All I can think is that someone came by and snatched them out of my boat.
Anyways, I was wondering if someone had any recommendations on good deals or bulk sales, etc. Ebay isn't what it used to be and Amazon is no cheaper than Walmart. I am also open to recommendations for different brand cranks that have worked well for others!
The whole thing kinda makes me a little sick to my stomach...some of those lures have landed 50+ fish!
Thanks for any input!!!
[signature]
That's really sucks can't stand thieves...how bout flicker shads and rattle traps...
[signature]
I haven't had the same success with the Berkley stuff as I have with Rapalas...I do like to have a few rattle traps on hand though. I had five or six in my missing box also. I'm just glad I didn't have any Lucy Craft Pointers in those boxes!
[signature]
Amazons prices change every day. I have gotten a lot of sub $3.50 lures from them.
[signature]
A rule in my boat is if you lose a Lucky Craft you are entitled to a free hug from everyone on board and a pat on the back that "everything will eventually be ok".
I can't imagine losing a box of them.

P.S. There must be three or more people on board to qualify for the free hug, too many strange looks from nearby anglers otherwise.
[signature]
From on our past Willard trip all the fish besides the catfish (bottom bouncing with worm harness) we boated were caught on flicker shads and rattle traps...we missed a dozen hits but ended the day with 1 Walleye, 2 Wiper, 1 Catfish, 1 SMB, and 12 Crappie that were 12-13'" all (except catfish) came on mentioned lures and we were trolling...but some lures work and some don't biggest thing for any angler as I'm sure you know is getting lure confidence if ya don't use it ya never know.

Hope you get your boxes restocked again...sorry for your loss we'd have a pit in our stomachs also if we had some low life help themselves to our stuff....[mad]
[signature]
Exactly, I cant stand looking at a rod with a new lure on it that's not getting hit! 5 minutes into a troll, I find myself saying, "if I'd only put on that lure I killed them on last time, I'm sure I would be hooked up by now!"
My last 3 trips out there have all produced a dozen+ wipers (targeted species) in less that 3 hours. Last Friday was hot though! We never went longer than 5 minutes without a hook up and quit counting after 15. We had do be somewhere near double that...All on F-5's or J-5's except for a few on a J-7 that I would cast and retrieve while the kids were reeling in a fish. That's by far the funest way to hook up on a big wiper!
[signature]
You can also keep an eyen on the Cabelas online bargain cave.

At times they have some pretty good deals on stuff.

Edit,
It looks like they have some good deals on Lucky Craft lures right now.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I check Cabela's bargain cave frequently for close out deals on cranks.

I also check the "bargain bins" every time I walk into Bass Pro in Vegas. Often times they only have their Bass Pro knock-off cranks, but you can find some good stuff in their occasionally.

I really like the Storm brand cranks -- again, watch those bargain bins!
[signature]
If you need pure crank baits I love Norman Lures. They have medium and deep cranks and some great squarebills in some good colors. Many bass, and some trout, have been caught on Normans.

Try looking on Tacklewarehouse.com. They sometimes have sales so you're $150 may only be $125 and free shipping on orders over $50.

I am with you on the jerkbaits. I do own some lucky craft but the bulk are X-Raps.

Good Luck

HM
[signature]
Tacklewarehouse.com and fishUSA.com are my go to places for great tackle prices and low S&H costs. FishUSA is limited on selection but if they have what you want it's usually a good price. Tackle Warehouse has a huge selection for bass.

For example:
X-Rap
Rapala.com - $10.49; BPS - $9.99; FishUSA.com - $8.95; Tacklewarehouse.com - $8.99

Rapala floating minnow #9
Rapala.com - $7.99; BPS - $9.29; FishUSA.com - $6.95; Tacklewarehouse.com - $7.89

Tackle Warehouse S&H is only $6.75 or free for minimum order. FishUSA S&H is only $6.95 or free with minimum order plus no sales tax.
[signature]
I have a subscription to http://mysterytacklebox.com/, getting quite a collection in addition to my impulse purchases.
[signature]
I received an ad for Cabelas the other day and on 14th-24th Rapala lures will be 25% off. Also, on Ebay you can buy a $50 Cabelas gift card for $40 (You can buy up to 5). The gift card is mailed, so it might take a week to get. You should get it before the Cabelas sale ends the 24th.

The past month Sebile online has all their Action First line for really cheap. I bought a few lures to try out. They have some lipless baits for around $2. Shipping should be free, but if not, just add something to your cart and come back later (sometimes the next day) and it should be free.
[signature]
Thanks everyone! That's a great Idea on the Cabalas gift cards and 25%off sale! The online websites look good too, I'll definitely check them out!
Looks like I need to get a few gift cards before the Grand Opening of the Farmington Cabalas next week!!!
[signature]
Looking forward to 0900 on the 20th to see what the new store looks like.[cool]
[signature]
Tom you may want to checkout Glens Army Navy store on line. They are running some sales on Rapala lures, no sales tax and free shipping on orders over $50. I buy from them a lot really haven't found anyone that can beat their prices. Service has been great and they ship stuff out pretty fast. [Smile]
[signature]
It's getting to be yard sale time....over the years I have found some good stuff at yard and garage sales. Sucks that you can't leave stuff in your boat without getting ripped off!
[signature]
That crap happens, you may remember that when we were all up at Cascade ID. ice fishing this past Jan. I left one of my ice fishing cases with 4 rods and reels plus several plastic boxes with various lures a knife and other various fishing tools setting on our snow mobile trailer when we were unpacking the some gear out of the back of the truck to carry into our room and it came up missing. Value probably $250 or so. Can't blame anyone but myself for that, but goes to show you how some people are. Pretty much everyone that was staying there that weekend were ice fisherman.[:/]
[signature]
I've been using Deadliest Katch Lures for a few years now. They are custom painted and rival any Rapalas or other name brand lures and are much less expensive. Here is a link:
http://deadliestkatch.com/
[signature]
I feel your pain. I once had my fishing vest full of flies, lures and fishing tools get taken from a parked boat. Some people's kids!!!

As for replacing your Rapalas, Amazon is usually where I get mine. The prices fluctuate and so it pays to check multiple times a day to get the best price. I'm notoriously a cheap b@$+@rd and like to get the biggest bang for my buck. If you're willing to rebuild your arsenal gradually this is the way I would go. Sometimes if you're already ordering something else on Amazon then you can have "add-on" items. I picked up a few Rapalas this way for less than $5 each. It might be a slow process but it will either save you some cash or get you twice as many lures. I also watch all of the other big sites (cabelas, gander mt, bass pro shop, sportsman's guide) for clearance and/or free shipping.

Hope you get re-stocked and back on the water soon!!!
[signature]