Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
echo perch
hit echo this morning and knocked the perch dead. nothing big but non stop action till the wind came up at about 11. after that it slowed right down to nothing. fished in 20 foot of water, didn't catch one trout

IRONWORKER
[signature]
We fished Echo today also. We didn't get there til about 11. Went out a ways and had perch on most of the day. We got 4 trout. We left about 5. All in all a good day outside.
[signature]
Never been to Echo where do you fish? Don't know anything about the lake at all.
[signature]
Most people fish off the boat ramp but we go out further out in at least 20 feet of water . We watched trout throught the hole hit our jigs. One followed my perch up and my son-in-law got him. Jigheads with an eyeball or peice of nightcrawler works good for the perch.I did get a trout with a white what a cricket on an orange jighead. Jigged it up from the perch a little.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hi icefool![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Any size to the perch in Echo or are the perch in Rockport bigger on an average?[/size][/font]
[signature]
BLM the perch were all about 9 to 10 inches. There were a few that were smaller. Did get a few that were really fat. I have never fished Rockport so I couldn't say about that.
[signature]
I'm planning on hitting echo tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I have to stop at Hooked tonight to reload. I've gotta check out the boogers too. If they're that realistic, maybe even flyfishermen will like them. Might bridge the gap. Matching the hatch and all that.
[signature]