Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum
The boy and I went fishing tonight at Hyrum, and it was on fire! I've been there a few times over the last couple of weeks and only caught one here and there. This evening made up for it! Anyways as we we're loading the boat I was talking to some fellow fishermen who was out there four hours and only caught two. We caught 12 ranging from 16"-22"! So let me lend some knowledge since all of you have helped me so much! We were catching them on silver reflective shad Rapalas, trolling with no weight3-4 deep. But here's the kicker, these other guys said they tried the same thing with no luck. The difference was I assume their lures we're in "good" condition? When I buy a new Rapala I take a knife to it, alittle bit, and make the lure look "older". I had an old angler show me this, his reasoning was fish don't look "new" in the water and shows possible wounds on lure? Does it really make a difference? Who knows, but it paid off tonight.
[signature]
Good job, that sounds like a fun trip.... Been wondering if the new fish have been planted yet? F&G usually always plant Hyrum this time of year, so been wondering when all the 9"ers will start biting again... Looked like you got the good ones... with nice size... Later J
[signature]
Well the fishing was so good last night, I had to get in another before the storms roll in. Me and the dog had just as good as luck! Managed to snap a couple of pics this time. Got 9 to the boat with a lot more hits. I used the same lure, that got all the action. On the other rod I cycled through other cranks, spinners, and power bait with no luck except 2-3 hits on a rainbow crank. And the wakeboarders are out in full force, FYI.
[signature]
Talked to you at the ramp as you were leaving last night. A few different colors were working for us- Probably the chartreuse picked up the most- At one time all 4 rods had fish on- had to cut it to two- too much of a hassle. All but 2 went back .
[signature]
Looks like you're going to need a bigger net... That's always a good problem to have... Nice report... J
[signature]