Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crocodiles
I have talked with several individuals about what lures are "must haves" for trout fishing. We came up with Jake's lures and kastmasters as go to lures. But I have heard many people say that Crocodiles slay them. I have searched for Crocodile lures on the Internet with very limited success. The pictures I have seen are COMPLETELY different from each other. Does anyone have any pics of crocodile lures or a link to view themonline? Does sportsmans carry these?

Thanks.
[signature]
[Smile]hey Mr Loopy yes sportsmens warehouse carries a big selection of these lures in there stores and probably the best prices around. if you want to see some on the internet then just go to LURE JENSON the manufacture of the crocodile lures and many other lures. hope this helps trfishin
[signature]
Here's the web address for Luhr Jensen:

www.luhrjensen.com/

You may have better luck if you run your searches spelling it "Krocodile", with a "K". I think that's the way they spell the lure name. I'm not sure as I've never used one.
[signature]
I have never used one for ice fishing but we used them at Bear lake trolling years ago before I found out about tube jigs. WH2
[signature]
Thanks guys. I am almost strictly a fly fisherman so I don't know much about lures. I appreciate the replies.
[signature]
[reply]
I have talked with several individuals about [#ff0000]what lures are "must haves" for trout fishing[/#ff0000]. We came up with Jake's lures and kastmasters as go to lures. But I have heard many people say that Crocodiles slay them. I have searched for Crocodile lures on the Internet with very limited success. The pictures I have seen are COMPLETELY different from each other. Does anyone have any pics of crocodile lures or a link to view themonline? Does sportsmans carry these?

Thanks. [/reply]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Loopy,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I know your post is mostly a question about krocodiles but I can't keep from telling everyone what my "must have" lure is for trout. It's the "Panther Martin" line of spinners. They always keep this dummy from getting skunked.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Sorry for my input there, but I just had to say it.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]In the attached pic, the two elongated spoons in the upper right corner are Krocodiles. They are long and heavy for their size. They cast a mile.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]I have never done well with them for ice fishing, but they are great for fall spooning for largemouths and stripers. A lot of salt water fishermen like them too. You chunk them out a mile, let them sink to the depth you want and then crank them in. If you doctor them up with prism tape you can get some interesting and effective colors.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good call. If I am using spinners, especially on streams. I always keep a few around............
[signature]
TD, my mind must be totally gone because I had to re-read your post to make sure that you didn't say "spooning largemouth strippers".

I like panther martins too.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]Hey Tube Dude: I was reading your thread and noticed you said that you use them (Krocodiles) spoons for Stripers: And also I see your in Chandler Arizona, My Question to you is, Have you ever used these spoons for Striper at Lake Powell? If so what size, and color is your BEST "Go To" lure?[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2] I have never fished Lake Powell and am wanting to "Big Time", but I'm trying to make my first time somewhat productive,so any info you have to share, would be greatily appreciated. Or anyone else, for that matter![/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
i'm not tubedude but i'v used them at lake powell and have done very good on them jigging them and trolling or casting them.. they also work veary good on walleyes at yuba and pike at yuba and redmond.. i have about 25 difrent ones i use for all kinds of fish.. i even have some that i use in the ocean that are about 6"long and are 2oz's..

from the fuzzyfisher---------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
I wish Powell still had their Million Dollar fish derby. I never got to go but would have loved to try my luck [Smile]
[signature]
You can use spoons to get down to the Stripers at Lake Powell, but the best tried and true method is to suspend over a school and fish anchovies. They sell anchovies in all the marinas down there, and I've caught more stripers on those than anything. They encourage you to keep all the stripers that you catch, because they're great eating, filet up nice, and they are always trying to thin the population. You can chum anchovies at Lake Powell, and that usually brings all species of gamefish in from walleye, largemouth, smallmouth, and stripers. I've caught everything when chumming anchovies, even large crappie.

If you do want to fish spoons, you'll need to find a school, then suspend the spoon down to them and make it look like a crippled shad. Of course, my favorite thing to do down there is to hit the rockpiles for smallmouth, but that's a whole different animal.
[signature]
[cool][red][size 1]Fuzzy told ya fer true. A six incher is a great size for Powell. They are excellent for long casts to the boils as well as deep jigging in 40 to 60 feet of water when they go deep.[/size][/red]

[#ff0000][size 1]But, since the shad in Powell are different sizes at different times of the year, it pays to have some in about the 3" size too. And, sometime the red line works better as an attractor.[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 1]If you get the smooth finish, try adding some silver prism tape with a good pattern to throw off some good scale flashes. [/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 1]The blue one and the red one in the pic have both scored both largies and walleyes for me in Deer Creek and other waters. I like the gold with some green prism tape when fishing in perch-infested waters. Again, I have done better with Kastmasters for most ice fishing, but the Krocodiles are a good addition to your spoon arsenal any time.[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 1]PS...don't overlook the little Cleos too. And the Kamlooper spoons by Acme...makers of the Kastmaster.[/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
I've had very limited success with them up at Brough reservoir. They don't work well on streams. I prefer blue fox's or panther martins for ANY kind of trout. They seem to strike them harder than any other lure.
[signature]
[url "http://www.luhrjensen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_2_3"]http://www.luhrjensen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_2_3[/url]

I've caught my share of trout on them .
[signature]