Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 07/27 Evening trip
Hit Willard around 7pm. Ran through the flotilla set up at the mouth of the marina and headed to the light pole. was trolling shad colored rapalas and got no love. headed back to the flotilla looking for some and trolled in between the 4 boats set up there. I managed to get a lot of looks for daring to enter there fishing zone but since all 4 boats were set up in the now wake zone between the red and green buoy, I just waved. My 10 year old actually said to one guy, "don't mind us, we are just here stealing your fish."

It was great. We managed one 20" eye in the boat and due to some technical difficulties, lost 3 at the back of the boat. All of this action happened from 8:30-9pm. The bugs carried the boat to the trailer at 9 and we headed home. Not a bad trip and it was fun hassling the flotilla. Plus, it was my 6 year olds first Walleye.
[signature]
Nice going, anyone that can catch an walleye this time of the year is doing good. What do you think those guys were doing at the mouth of the channel, were they fishing for walleye or some other fish? Blocking the entrance to the marina is illegal and they can receive a ticket for it, if the Parks guys catch them.
[signature]
They were bait fishing. I saw one guy pull out a Walleye but not sure what they were using. It was kind of a mess but we had a good time trolling through the middle of them. As far as catching a Walleye, its just dumb luck for me. [cool]
[signature]
Dumb luck or not you did good, few folks are catching them now. I reported folks like that to the Parks manager before and they can get in trouble for blocking the entrance, too bad the parks guys did not catch them.
[signature]
Curt, I have only seen the Ranger boat on the water at WB once this year, and that wasn't even on the busy holiday 4th of July. I haven't seen them at the ramps or dock areas north or south since maybe mid May. Wonder what has happened to them ??[:/] Sure wish they would get out there and take a good close look at the power squadron boats that are dang near swamping some of us little fishing boats.[unimpressed]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Tell you what Forest, I'll send the Willard Park ranger an Email or call him in a few minutes and have a talk with him about this. Sooner or later someone is going to get hurt if they think they can get by with some of these stunts they are pulling out there.
I'll get an answer and let you know what he says.
[signature]