Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blue fox "tor-p-do"
[font "Arial"][size 3]Has anly one used a blue fox Tor-P-Do in utah? Do they still make them? Use to use them in Nevada to catch giant cutthroat trout in pyramid lake.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool]troutboy, good post, and good question. I used to fish Pyramid Lake too (grew up in Fallon,NV), and am very familiar with the Tor-P-Do spoons.

The answer to your first question is, no, I haven't tried them here since I've been here, 'cause they are mainly a trout and salmon spoon, and the bottom of Strawberry Res. has lots of sagebrush, etc. on it, and so I'm afraid that I'd lose my lure there while fishing from shore or a float tube. You don't really have that risk at Pyramid with the sandy bottom there. However, when I get a boat you can damn well bet that I'll try them out at the 'berry, jordanelle, Bear Lake, and probably even the gorge. They sure knock the Cutthroats dead with them at Pyramid and Walker Lake, and I can't wait to use them here as well while trolling from a boat.

The answer to your second question is NO, they don't make the Tor-P-Do anymore. I don't know why, but blue fox discontinued it a couple of years ago. HOWEVER, GOOD NEWS is that another guy in Nevada makes a copy of it that works just as good, and it's called the SIERRA SPECIAL spoon. I haven't seen them for sale here in Utah, but you can order them on my stepdad's website, as well as check out fishing reports on there for Pyramid and Walker Lakes, and many other spots. The website address is www.wescraigs.net When you get there, there will be a link to my stepdads tackleshop. You'll see an icon that says "the fishing zone" Click on that, and you'll see the link for "Sierra Special" Spoons. If you want, you can even call my step dad, and he'll tell you all about 'em: Wes Craig (775)-423-5353.

Hope that helps. PM me if you have any further questions.[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 3]Thanks for the info. I will be looking in to the sierra spoon's for when I go trolling this summer. I just wish I had enough time to go back to Pyramid lake some time soon. Thanks again.[/size][/font]
[signature]