Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay water depth at ramps?
How deep is the water at the marinas and ramps? I have a 19' Tracker and I would need at least 3 feet of water to feel good about it. Haven't been to Willard this year at all. Is the water deeper at one of the marinas? Actually I'm kicking around the idea of hauling my camp trailer up there too, and spending a few days fishing and kicking back. I sure don't want to go to the trouble if I can't easily launch the boat every day.
[signature]
I just launched out of the North Marina today, and there is, and has been, plenty of water all year...I have a 16' fiberglass with 135 H.P., but also today several other larger boats (up to 150 H.P. motors) were launching and no problems.....I always keep my Tilt up just slightly 'til I'm away from the docks...Guluk...and have fun...
[signature]
Thanks for the good info Jmor. I'm thinking I'll go up next week to fish, then drag my camp trailer up for the 2nd and 3rd weeks of Oct, maybe spend close to 2 weeks up there. Should be able to catch one in 2 weeks of fishing.[:p]
[signature]
Last Sunday, South Marina had about 2.4 fow at bottom of center ramp, 5.5 fow about 3 feet off the ramp, 4.5 to 6.0 fow at the dock, 7-8 fow in middle of marina, make the left turn into the channel 8-12 fow, get past the south buoy line anywhere from 7 to 18 fow. And the inlet baffles were open about 50% last Sunday. Recent rains may have raised the water level a few inches or more. Keep your main motor trimmed up, use your kicker to get out to the main body of lake, you should have no problems at all.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks so much for the good info. That helps a lot.
[signature]