Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo again
Went up to Echo with two of my kids today. Fishing was a little slow at first because we tried some new spots but it was good once we found fish. Instead of using live worms I've been using something that looks like a rubber Mayfly nymph. The fish like it well enough and you almost never have to re-bait your hook. Combine that with barbless hooks and it adds up to a lot more time catching fish instead of messing around with removing hooks and adding new bait. All told it was a beautiful day out on the ice capped off by a 17" Rainbow that hit as I was packing up to leave.

FM
[signature]
We went up to echo today as well!! What a fabulously gorgeous day!!!!!! WOW! Other than the kids being naughty a little, we had a great day! I think my cheeks are a little burned, but not sure yet.

K, so the best part of today, was I caught my first fishy this year. And my husband who has out fished me so far this winter... well we will let the picture speak for itself. Mine is the bigger one.

[sly]AWESOME JOB ON THE TROUT!!!!
[signature]
Nice Perch. How big was it? It seems like the girls often have better luck than the boys. That's why I bring my daughter along. She's actually the true fish magnet in the family. That's what I started calling her when we would go fishing and she out fishes her older brothers.

FM
[signature]
Sounds like it would of been a great day on the ice. To bad I have this stupid cold. Way to go with the perch jennefener.
[signature]
I'm still a bit grumpy that you caught my trout[Wink]. Joking. Here is a picture of my 5'4" daughter next to it.
[signature]
oops
[signature]
I wish I could have gone today, my wife says I have been fishing too much. It was such a nice day i ended up shampooing the carpets in my truck and then making it look black instead of white again. I would much rather of been fishing.[Sad]
[signature]
How in the world could anyone EVER fish too much? Does she like fishing? Maybe she just needs to catch the bug like I have. If you would have told me I would be ice fishing 5 years ago, I would have laughed in your face, and now I am the one who is constantly bugging Matt about when our next trip will be. Get her as hooked as you are.

Jennefener
[signature]
Nice perch it looks like your about to hit her in the face with it, oooops,, ha ha hahaaa,, way to go. I love to see people take their kids out, and I am glad to see more ladies getting involved too, right on. [Wink]
[signature]
Nah, At that point I wasn't quite ready to take her out, a couple hours after that photo, your theory would have been a correct one. That photo was actually shot after she insisted she wanted to take the fish off the hook. You can see on her face that result of that idea. Funny kid. She's getting it though. ALl of them hang in there and go, and none of the little ones have caught anything yet.
[signature]
If it's any consolation I let that fish go so maybe you'll catch him next time.

FM
[signature]
Hi all, I also made my maiden voyage to Echo yesterday. My son wanted to park close to the dam but that wasn't our best idea of the day. The water is rising and the shore line was very soft. We steeped on the ice and it would not support our weight. We carried the sled down to the ice and then walked the rocks a long way toward the ramp before we found safe ice to walk on. Once on the ice it was over 12" deep. We caught over 60 perch but could not locate the trout. I called out on the raido several times to try and locate other BFT folks but I received no responses on channel 12. Is that the standard channel to use? I would like to see more people using their radios when fishing so we can meet each other. You can buy a pair of FRS radios for under $50.00 these days. It truly was a beautiful day to be enjoyed by those who were there. DKSRenegade
[signature]
[Smile]It was a great pic, and I am glad they are hanging in there, I know it took my own daughter a while before she finally got the nack and started to hook fish, now she steals my Flasher and kicks my butt, but its all good, and kids make it great.
[signature]