Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek ?
Haven't read a single ice fishin post on Lost Creek this year. Not even sure if the ice ever made it to a safe condition or not. We were hoping to get up there this coming Friday but it's not sounding too promising. Any first hand reports out there ? Thanks to all !
[signature]
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...k;#1000213
The second reply was a post about LC but it is the last one I've read. No first hard report, sorry but it's only one I've read this year from there. If you make it up there, please let us know how it is fishing, thanks.
[signature]
I think right when it iced up we had some major snow storms and I think that kept a lot of people away from there, wonder how it's been.
[signature]
I heard fishing has been good but I didn't get a report on road or ice conditions
[signature]
I went up to Lost Creek on 1/29 in the morning with 2 of my buddies, the road was plowed all the way up. We fished right at the dam in 20-40' with the best fishing action from 10-20'. I had the worst action only landing one bow in 4 hours but had 3 others hooked just couldn't land them. With 7 fish landed between my other buddies it slowed way down after 1pm but bites were light most the day. At the time there was a foot and a half of snow on the lake with 4-6" of slush underneath making it pretty hard on the knees walking out. Here's the only pic I took of my buddies fish.
[signature]
Welcome to the site T-Boz and thanks for the post and pic. Were any of the fish caught over 15"?
WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of playing hooky from work tomorrow and checking it out as well. With the warmer weather I think that I may bring a plank along for the ride just in case.
[signature]
The one in the pic was 16" everything else was around 12-14". I think they have to be between a certain size to keep up there so check on that but we throw everything back anyway. Ice thickness was 12" on 1/29 but it's been warm since then.
[signature]
Yes, there is a slot size there, I think its the same as Strawberry, I'm sure someone will know for sure or we could find it in the Fishing guide book. Most fish there seem to be the size of the ones you guys were getting but every once in a while someone will catch one 17" or bigger.
[signature]
Lost Creek Reservoir, Morgan County
•Limit 4 trout (a combined total).
•No more than 3 trout may be under 15
inches
•No more than 1 trout may be over 22
inches.
•All trout between 15 and 22 inches must
be immediately released.
•Trout and salmon may not be filleted,
and their heads or tails may not be
removed in the field or in transit.
•CLOSED to fishing 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
•CLOSED to spearfishing.

I have caught quite a few in the 18-21" range since they introduced the slot limit, but am yet to get a slot buster. The >15" fish tend to be nice and thick and make for some good eating.

I don't see nearly as many chub as there were a few years ago. Which is a plus, unless of course you are looking to catch them for bait.
[signature]