Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does the gorge get crowded over Memorial weekend?
I reserved our campsite almost 2 months ago and we are going regardless, but was curious if I should be mentally prepared for a lot of people and/or idiotic behavior? I imagine the water is still too cold for most water skiers, and most schools are still in session, so fingers crossed for a mostly relaxing weekend.
[signature]
You will be fine, the Gorge is never like any local lakes, most folks that go there this early in the year are going there to fish but you never know about after they get off the water, in the camp site. I still think it will be far better there, than any local lake around here. Good luck and please let us know how you do.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]You will be fine, the Gorge is never like any local lakes, most folks that go there this early in the year are going there to fish but you never know about after they get off the water, in the camp site. I still think it will be far better there, than any local lake around here. Good luck and please let us know how you do.[/quote]

As a precaution I went ahead and saved the Daggett Sheriff dispatch number in my phone, also called to inquire if they plan to have extra staffing this weekend and they do. I usually don't mind folks having "fun" up there, but when my family is with me I tend to be more protective, plus I expect adults to act as such and be respectful.
[signature]
Gorge never gets bad with water sports, seems like it's mostly fisher people. I'll be up Thursday and Friday on my buddies boat targeting macs. 3 badges and a few guns, we should be ok.
[signature]
Swim beach and state line cove get pretty packed. Fishing boats out number the ski boats 10 to 1. Other than that it's not too bad because it's such a big reservoir, they are spread out.
[signature]
Swim beach dry camp area is about the only place things have any potential to get "rowdy" other than that, its pretty tranquil up there.
[signature]
Memorial weekend isn't much different than a normal weekend. As an example, I launched on Saturday of Memorial weekend last year at Mustang Ridge, and I was the only one on the launch. Water temps are finally in the mid 50s, the fishing is getting good and consistent, so I think your timing is perfect. Good luck!
[signature]
The only weekend I hate there is the 4th of July. The fishing should be great!
[signature]
The guy with the biggest boat always wins! You have nothing to fear but fear itself!
Heck go up on Labor day then you will see a PARTY.
[signature]
Overall a pretty quiet weekend, including the fishing unfortunately but still caught enough to make it worth it.
[signature]