Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some ideas
I need some help. I adopted 2 kids from Poland last year I've gotten the girl hooked on fishing but the boy has shown no interest until this past weekend now that I've got him interested I need a place where I can get him some good fish. looking for a place that I can get him good size fish I don't care if they're carp catfish anything just something that I can get him excited about. I was hoping for something close to Salt Lake and that would have reasonably quick fishing. Any ideas would be appreciated I'm not looking for your honey hole or secret spot just some general ideas where I can try to get some more youngsters hooked on fishing. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
White bass at Utah Lake, bluegill at Mantua, perch at Jordanelle.. There are a few places that have quick fishing, but you might have to travel. If you look around the city lakes near Salt Lake, some of those are quick fishing for trout!
[signature]
If you went to Utah Lake you could each fish one pole for the white bass and one for catfish. White bass should provide them with plenty of action and catfish can be pretty big. Sounds like fun to me. How old are they? I think something on the north end of the lake wouldn't be a bad drive; maybe American Fork harbor.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I think Utah lake would be good but I have never been able to get into the white bass. I will catch a couple here and there but never consistently.
[signature]
You might goto the source.... almost guaranteed...

https://dwrapps.utah.gov/fishstocking/Fish
[signature]
I used to go to Lincoln beach at Utah lake often. We would go to Reams grocery store and buy frozen mackerel. Cut them into strips about 1 inch by 3 inches long , hang them about 2 feet below a big bobber , just about any cove to the left of the boat launch. Catfish love Mackeral.

That being said , Tubedude is the resident expert on Utahlake. Read any of his posts on UL .
[signature]