Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for gorge fisherman
I fished the gorge a handful of times this year. I fish the Wyoming side only Something i have noticed the last three times out, the Wyoming side seems to have less people from Utah or other states then in years past. So for you that fish the gorge,are you staying on the Utah side due to the new regs,or is there another reason? Please don't take this as something it's not. I don't care what side of the gorge that people fish. Just was curious as to why I'm seeing less fisherman from out of state on the Wyoming side. Thank you.
[signature]
Intresting that you would say that. I noticed, albeit much earlier in the season, a similar thing. Will be intrested to hear what people think about this
[signature]
What I'm hearing is $30 reciprocal stamp, $30 mussel sticker. They should raise both to $100!
[signature]
What is the difference in regs between Utah and Wyoming?
[signature]
Yes. I agree and Utah should do the same thing. Then spend the extra money on preventing the spread of invasive muscles from Lake Powell. I think Utah needs to do a better job in that regard. I think they could do a much better job if they supplemented their budgets by raising out of state fees like the surrounding states are doing. Wyoming is great at charging out of state visitors additional fees to use their resources. Not sure why Utah doesn’t do the same. Heck, charge them extra for the night life in SLC and additional fees for shopping in Utah. I don’t think there can really be too many fees imposed on our visiting neighbors. Perhaps the UHP could just raise the price of speeding tickets for out of state drivers. Wink
[signature]
i agree a 100% .Wyoming fishers should pay the same as they charge Utahans to use the lake .
[signature]
the problem with Utah is all fees, license sales etc go into the general fund then the legislature decides how much the DWR gets back.
[signature]
[quote Jbworkin]Yes. I agree and Utah should do the same thing. Then spend the extra money on preventing the spread of invasive muscles from Lake Powell. I think Utah needs to do a better job in that regard. I think they could do a much better job if they supplemented their budgets by raising out of state fees like the surrounding states are doing. Wyoming is great at charging out of state visitors additional fees to use their resources. Not sure why Utah doesn’t do the same. Heck, charge them extra for the night life in SLC and additional fees for shopping in Utah. I don’t think there can really be too many fees imposed on our visiting neighbors. Perhaps the UHP could just raise the price of speeding tickets for out of state drivers. Wink[/quote]

What the heck does the night life in SLC have to do with fishing on the gorge?
[signature]
[quote muirco]What is the difference in regs between Utah and Wyoming?[/quote]

Fisherman that fish the Utah side of the gorge,are now allowed to keep two limits of kokes in their possession . In Wyo we can only have one limit in possession at a time.
[signature]
Nothing... it just attracts some Wyoming folks to Utah like 4 wheeling attracts some Utah folks to Wyoming and Wyoming charges additional fees for that.
[signature]
I fish the Utah side because of my camping location plus the less restrictive regulations here.
We always do well for Kokanee and the plus is we also fish the Green below the dam while we are there.
But we are there for 2 weeks at a time.
Our trip is in a couple of weeks and can't wait for it to be here.
[signature]
I would say the weather has had an effect this year as well, we usually have several trips up by now but haven't gone yet because of weather. For most who like to fish there, the increased cost for WY is pennies compared to what they spend on a season of fishing. To put it into perspective think of that handful of new squids and flashers that so many of us grab before every trip, now multiply that by four or five trips to the gorge each year and those fees for WY now look like pocket change in comparison.
[signature]