Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum Thursday 1/30
Great times, and thanks for the report.

But, what did you catch? Trout?
[signature]
Like most of my trips to Hyrum this year, it was all perch. I've fished there 8-9 times since Christmas, and between my kids and I we have only brought 4 small rainbow trout topside. This is fine with me, as I much prefer perch for eating, and the catching tends to be faster.
[signature]
Thanks, but, yes, from your previous posts I should have known.

I was afraid it was trout! [Wink]
[signature]
[Image: qbEWT5J.jpg]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Well done Shawn, Daddy Daughter dates are always good [cool]
[signature]
I took Dubobs advise and went to Hyrum On Saturday 2-1-20 ,myself and a friend walked out from swim beach straight out to the middle and set up in 28.5 f.o.w. and caught upwards of 150 perch keeping a limit each of 9 to 11 inch perchlets in 3 hrs . It was a fast and furious day on the ice, 6 to 7 inches no slush sun was shining and just a little breeze.
[signature]
Nicely done....looks like some good perch fries ahead....going to see if you left me a few on Tues., hopefully between the snow days....Guluk...
[signature]
The limits of 9-11 inch perch must be in another photo.[cool]
[signature]
Nice haul. I'm 69 and still believe that 1+1=2 and I counted exactly 100 fish, which I believe is 2 limits. Anyway that is a lot of fish to process.

I took my brother out yesterday for his fish time on the ice this year. We had to go out to the fringes of where the crowds were on Saturday in order to find a decent amount of fish. Didn't keep any.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
You count is correct there where 2 of us fishing , and yes we kept 100 filletable perch.
[signature]