Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview at night
There don't seem to be as many reports on here as there used to be. Hopefully I can do my part to change that.

Hit Pineview last night from 5:30-10PM. Marked massive schools of fish everywhere I went that was 40', with smaller schools at 35', and no schools shallower than that.

For as many fish as were marked, they sure were tight lipped and not willing to play. I went through my entire ice fishing tackle box (about 25 jigs) trying to find something they liked. Finally went back to a glow rat-finkee (ironicially what I started with with no luck) and they decided that was ok enough to nip at here and there. Managed 12 Crappie, and my buddy grabbed a few as well and we ended up with enough for a nice lunch today.

The slush from last week has all frozen over, and there is an inch or two of hard snow on top.
That seems to be the same for me...except I have not been marking many fish. I still end up with about 15 crappie for a 4 hour trip, but the bite is very, very light. What area were u fishing?
(02-05-2021, 08:04 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: That seems to be the same for me...except I have not been marking many fish.  I still end up with about 15 crappie for a 4 hour trip, but the bite is very, very light.  What area were u fishing?
I was just off the ramp by the marina. First time fishing over there. Normally I like to be off cemetery point, but with the parking closed, I am not much for walking long distances. On the bright side, it has caused me to explore different areas of the lake that I have never been to.
(02-05-2021, 02:30 PM)Jonthecook Wrote: For as many fish as were marked, they sure were tight lipped and not willing to play. I went through my entire ice fishing tackle box (about 25 jigs) trying to find something they liked. 
 I haven't been there for about three weeks, but they were a lot more willing then.  Hopefully not a lasting problem.  I finally have some cheap electronics, and I will say that made all the difference down in the Narrows, targeting suspended crappies.
(02-05-2021, 02:30 PM)Jonthecook Wrote: There don't seem to be as many reports on here as there used to be. Hopefully I can do my part to change that.

Hit Pineview last night from 5:30-10PM. Marked massive schools of fish everywhere I went that was 40', with smaller schools at 35', and no schools shallower than that.

For as many fish as were marked, they sure were tight lipped and not willing to play. I went through my entire ice fishing tackle box (about 25 jigs) trying to find something they liked. Finally went back to a glow rat-finkee (ironicially what I started with with no luck) and they decided that was ok enough to nip at here and there. Managed 12 Crappie, and my buddy grabbed a few as well and we ended up with enough for a nice lunch today.

The slush from last week has all frozen over, and there is an inch or two of hard snow on top.
Thanks for the report I was planning a trip soon. Glad to here the slush is froze up.