Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lakes near Riverton, UT
Hey everyone, I am looking for some lakes that are frozen that are closest to Riverton, UT. Anything close thats frozen? TIA
Welcome to BFT. I don't believe there are any close bodies of water that have safe ice right now. You could fish off the docks at Utah Lake.
Welcome to BFT!  

I live in that area too.  About 1/2 hour to Utah Lake harbors (Pelican Bay/Saratoga Springs, American Fork, Provo harbors), where, as Kent mentioned, you can fish from the docks for white bass, perch, crappie, bluegill.  Maybe an occasional largemouth bass.  A few pike have been caught this winter and last winter.

It's about an hour (give or take) to Echo (perch, trout), Rockport (perch, trout), or Mantua (perch, bluegill, largemouth bass).  In an hour and a half, you can be at Strawberry (cutthroat and rainbow trout) or Scofield (cutthroat, rainbow, and tiger trout).  Other options in the hour to hour and a half range too, but these are the main attractions.

Good luck!

jack of all tackle, master of none
My  freezer sometimes there is over 100 kokanee in there. but it is starting to get bear this time of year.