Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Strawberry
Had one of the best days I've ever had on the ice at Strawberry. Parked at Chicken Creek East. Good access to lot, and snowmobile had no problem going to Renegade. Fished in 26 feet, and fish were everywhere in the column. We could not get to the bottom without fish attacking our jigs. White tubes worked best with shrimp. Really, any color worked, meal worms, and night crawlers did not slow us down. Good to have these days. Arrived at 8 fished until 1:30.
Congratulations on a fine outing and for being able to make a long ride on your snowmobile. It was nice being able to fish Renegade when I was fortunate enough to own a snowmobile.
Sounds like a great day, any slot busters?
I have always driven to the marina as the launching spot with snowmobiles. I HATE driving that 6 mile road but since I don’t know chicken creek, I keep going to the marina. It looks a lot faster to just go to chicken creek. Is CCreek a lot faster, parking with a trailer ok? Anything else I should know?
Thanks!
(01-31-2023, 02:14 AM)Troutster Wrote: I have always driven to the marina as the launching spot with snowmobiles.  I HATE driving that 6 mile road but since I don’t know chicken creek, I keep going to the marina.  It looks a lot faster to just go to chicken creek. Is CCreek a lot faster, parking with a trailer ok?  Anything else I should know?
Thanks!

With the new lot parking with a trailer at CCreek is no problem.
Is there a required fee to park at Chicken Creek lot?
(02-05-2023, 07:39 PM)Jmorfish Wrote: Is there a required fee to park at Chicken Creek lot?

Not during the winter.  I believe there will be a fee during the summer.