Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Thursday 11 May
Went to Rockport Thursday to see how the action was. Launched the canoe at the dam. Walked the canoe and gear a coule dozen yards to the shoreline. TONS of fish on the finder. Couldn't buy a bite. Reservoir is super low. Depth never passed 70 even by the dam. Dropped my buddy off to bring the  car around to the boat ramp. We really didn't want to carry all our gear up the dam again. Boat ramp ends in a mud wall, but we could get around it. We were hopeful that the marks we saw were Kokanee, but I bet it was mostly trout and perch. What do y'all think based on the pictures?

[Image: PXL-20230512-030540635.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20230512-030130324.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20230512-013256269.jpg]
Be boundless,
Bryce (Fisheries and Aquatic Science, USU)
Too bad you didn't get a bite. Looks like it was nice day for canoeing though. Surprised it was so low wonder if they are expecting a lot snow melt to fill it back up.

My guess is it was schooling perch.
(05-17-2023, 06:41 PM)jjannie Wrote: Too bad you didn't get a bite. Looks like it was nice day for canoeing though. Surprised it was so low wonder if they are expecting a lot snow melt to fill it back up.

My guess is it was schooling perch.

Agreed on both counts, probably perch, probably preparing for runoff to "fill 'er up".
Be boundless,
Bryce (Fisheries and Aquatic Science, USU)