Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn Weather
I had set aside this week to go fishing. Cancelled physical therapy, cancelled a Doc appt. 

Sunday night, the weather experts (three sources) all said T-storms by 10 a.m. Nada. Yesterday, I bought worms and bait planning to go out today. 60% chance of T-storms all day. 80% tomorrow. 

Do I believe them? Something tells me I'd better. It looks ominous out there at sunrise. Don't want to be out on Willard in a T-storm. Or any other lake. 

Looks like there will be a worm catch and release.
I feel your pain, Rocky. I know of many that has chanced it with good success. I'm mostly a loner fishing but with these T-storms have become prevalent during the day starting at sunrise. I just stay home & take the medicine the wife gives me.  Undecided
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Seems like mostly just afternoon showers in Cache Valley each afternoon, so you might get a morning fish trip... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I'm apparently a lightning magnet - I've taken indirect hits twice, and several near misses. I do not intend to prove that the third time's the charm.

(It's like being tazed. It HURTS.)
Indeed, thunder storms have been an afternoon regular visitor here in Cache Valley, and things are disturbed already this morning and forecast same for tomorrow. My one trip to Hyrum last week was a bust for myself and couple others I talked too. On the sunny side, the unsettled cold weather has kept the powers squad to a minimum though it'll certainly overbalance the other way once some warmer weather.
So far, it's been T-storms EBO*

*Everywhere But Ogden.

We get rumbles but no more than a couple dozen drops. My rain total so far in June is 0.14" and that's from at least three very light rains. Since I'm not going to be fishing, I hope that changes.
(06-13-2023, 02:15 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: So far, it's been T-storms EBO*

*Everywhere But Ogden.

We get rumbles but no more than a couple dozen drops. My rain total so far in June is 0.14" and that's from at least three very light rains. Since I'm not going to be fishing, I hope that changes.

Good rain at house yesterday, but the rain has been spotty amidst pop up storms of strong winds, thunder and lightening.
Hey Rocky, we of the float tube persuasion feel your pain.  As a former yakker ye know that of which I speak.

By the way, how did you do on smallies the last time we exchanged pleasantries at Willard?  I thought I saw you headed back in a bit before I did.
I blanked on smallies. That made me consistent with all other species that day. But it was mostly a boat trial, anyway. Had to see if I was able to launch and retrieve post-surgery. Wasn't out long.

Naturally, the forecast storms haven't happened yet today, either. Rain start keeps slipping from 9 to 11 and now after noon - maybe. Coulda woulda shoulda gone fishing.
I to have been very discouraged at our weather reports, it seams to me if it's going to rain in Nephi, the reports say 50 percent chance of rain. That's not helpful.
I wanted to go this morning, last night they said morning rain. I told my grandson better not go. But really this could have been a Perfect weather day.
(06-13-2023, 11:50 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I had set aside this week to go fishing. Cancelled physical therapy, cancelled a Doc appt. 

Sunday night, the weather experts (three sources) all said T-storms by 10 a.m. Nada. Yesterday, I bought worms and bait planning to go out today. 60% chance of T-storms all day. 80% tomorrow. 

Do I believe them? Something tells me I'd better. It looks ominous out there at sunrise. Don't want to be out on Willard in a T-storm. Or any other lake. 

Should have just gone out and got off if the weather picked up, I do better when the wind blows. Tomorrow looks mixed but the wind is not predicted to get bad just go do it especially if you have biminey top or just bring rain gear you should be fine. In my experience fishing is best in wind 5-10mph then more difficult in 10-15mph after that I just get off.
(06-13-2023, 11:50 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I had set aside this week to go fishing. Cancelled physical therapy, cancelled a Doc appt. 

We had the same thoughts this morning but decided to go anyways.  We ventured to Pineview.  Looked like rain most the morning but was dry, peaceful and quiet till we left at 2pm.

Too bad the fish catching was not very good.  Only caught a handful each of 12" n under smallies.
(06-13-2023, 01:34 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I'm apparently a lightning magnet - I've taken indirect hits twice, and several near misses. I do not intend to prove that the third time's the charm.

(It's like being tazed. It HURTS.)

I was within 3 ft of a bolt of lightning once on Pineview. I was on the bank, and it hit the water in front of me. So bright and loud and I remember my arm hair standing on end just before it struck. I don't get out on the lake if I see lightning or hear thunder. I had a former co-worker try to tell me I would be safe in a float tube if lightning hit the water if I was on the lake. He said I wouldn't be grounded. I told him you are nuts, the water is the ground. I told him you go test out that hypothesis. Lol 
Gabe