Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Unnamed Lake
Cookie, Buckwheat, me and the Wookie took a drive east to meet up with Muffin Man, Biscuit Babe, Granola Girl, the Triscuit Triplets, Gram and Gramps.

Headed out to a top secret, hidden, never been fished before lake, at least that is what we told the niece and nephews. 

In case you don't recognize the lake from the video - it was Whitney - ya big surprise - a family favorite for a campout. 

Full full full. Green green green. Drifts were gone from the road but if you want to take an RV be cautious of wet and soft areas in many of the typical camp spots. Not may people but that will change as FB had a number of posts letting people know the roads were open. Road over the top is also open if you want a scenic drive.

Oh, ya, the fishing was good. Normal mix of bling (Jakes, Meps, Panther Martins ext)  got action from small tigers and some holdover rainbows. We did not dunk PB but am sure that would have got a look as well. It was really windy but the fish were willing to play anyway.

If any of you like wildflowers it is going to be an amazing show this year. Grab some brauts and marshmallows and enjoy 

Short video link below - I forgot photos

https://youtu.be/6OL8NKh5S_M
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Laughing my behind off. What a great video. Thank you. My wife and I LOVED it.

Merl and Rose
Always a good video and good family adventures you share...tks...
Did you happen to drive by Mirror Lake? If so, was it ice free?
(06-20-2023, 12:11 PM)brookie Wrote: Did you happen to drive by Mirror Lake? If so, was it ice free?

We did not. I heard it was starting to break up but can not confirm that. I know that Trial lake is being fished
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-20-2023, 12:11 PM)brookie Wrote: Did you happen to drive by Mirror Lake? If so, was it ice free?

I was up there Saturday. You can't even turn into it there was so much snow. Probably a couple feet on the side of the road. From the highway it still looked frozen too. Trial, Lost and Lily are all accessible and are being fished. I couldn't park in the parking lot at trial. But you can park below the dam or any spot you can find without snow.
Thanks for the info on Mirror.
(06-20-2023, 10:13 PM)Fishpro22 Wrote:

I was up there Saturday. You can't even turn into it there was so much snow. Probably a couple feet on the side of the road. From the highway it still looked frozen too. Trial, Lost and Lily are all accessible and are being fished. I couldn't park in the parking lot at trial. But you can park below the dam or any spot you can find without snow.

Can you access it from Kamas and just park on the side of the road, like at Lost?

I went back up yesterday and to my surprise, Mirror lake is very accessible and ice free now. Didn't think that much snow and ice would melt in just 7 days