Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uintas, June 17
Had my first trip to the Uintas of the year Saturday. Introduced my wife as it was her first ever time up there and let's just say she loves it and can't wait to go back! She absolutely loved the Provo River Falls. Anyway we ended up fishing Trial. Lot of ice on it when we started but found enough water to fish. I usually do really good fishing ice off in the Uintas but we didn't do near as good as expected. We caught some but not as many as I usually do. Still fun to be up there no matter how the fishing is! Still a lot of snow up there. The parking lot was still snowed in so had to find a spot with no snow to park in. Luckily didn't have to walk very far at all. Towards when we left, half the lake was open water. The ice really moved off pretty fast. Drove up the canyon just to see what everything else looked like. Lost and Lily are the 2 other lakes you can access. Other than that it's going to be awhile for the others. Went as high as Mirror lake and probably a couple feet of snow on the side of the road. Of what I could see of Mirror, it had a lot of ice on it. Couldn't even turn into any of the lakes up there. Lots of snow! Going to be awhile still but hopefully sometime soon!
I use to horse back into many of the lakes up that way many years ago with my Dad. Back then we always discussed if we would be able to cross over Rocky Sea pass before Aug. I would say that this year would be tough
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Wow, kind of hard to believe the ice is just coming off, makes for a short summer for those fish to grow on the flying bugs... But I know on scout trips to the winds in July we often would be there shortly after the ice had cleared, so amazing what elevation can do with temperatures... Thanks for the report... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Used to hike and fish a lot in the Sierras...in California.  Not uncommon to find ice patches still on the lakes in July.

[Image: SIERRA-SUMMER.jpg]