Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.7M acres - Great Salt Lake Sentinel Landscape Partnership
My gut feeling tells me that us outdoor peoples will be locked out of some parts of the areas covered by this "Partnership". Unfortunately I seem to be getting used to being "locked out".  Cry

https://www.ksl.com/article/51026134/27m...ent-policy
(06-04-2024, 10:22 PM)JazzyM Wrote: My gut feeling tells me that us outdoor peoples will be locked out of some parts of the areas covered by this "Partnership". Unfortunately I seem to be getting used to being "locked out".  Cry

https://www.ksl.com/article/51026134/27m...ent-policy
After reading the article, I have to respectfully disagree with your thoughts that "us outdoor peoples will be locked out of some parts of the areas covered by this "Partnership"."

Tyler Smith, former commander of Utah's Camp Williams and coordinator of Utah's new sentinel landscape was quoted in the article as saying this: "As population density started to move out into the rural areas, all of a sudden, military installations started to have what's referred to as urban encroachment of incompatible development.

As the military prepares to deploy and fight our nation's wars, it really inhibits military readiness when there's this kind of incompatibility that occurs around military bases."

At this point, I don't see any real impact on outdoor activities such as hunting and fishing; only development of human habitat (housing) in relatively close proximity to said military facilities.

But, if your thoughts are correct and we outdoor folks ARE locked out of hunting & fishing pursuits in the designated area, there won't be anything we can reasonably expect to do to change that impact.  Government actions are funny that way.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
After many years of hearing so much rhetoric from Gov agencies and watching access eroded, I usually tend to be suspicious of any land control. Hope you're right.

Merl