Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Grid…Kinda
Rainbow 
Decided to try and fish a new body of water each year so off we went in search of a different species..  Headed north to Anderson Ranch Reservoir for Kokanee.  Beautiful place.  Stayed at the Pine Resort in Pine, Idaho.

Anyhoodle, fished 2 days roughly 5 hours a day found 12 Kokanee for trip perfect eating size 16-17”.  Pink was the hot color and 45’ was the go to depth.  Fun first leg of trip.  

Now onto second leg of our fishing trip.

[Image: IMG-1435.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1466.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1443.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1445.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1459.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1463.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1470.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1472.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1432.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]
Looks like a good trip, thanks for sharing your report and pics with us. Did it take some time to find them or did they seem to be everywhere you fished? I know the last time I was up there I was impressed with the size of that lake.
Found fish quickly had fish on within 10 minutes. Game and fish biologist were at ramp doing creek survey and told us our fish were 1-2 years old. They weighed each and took ear bone for aging. Fun fishery.
Where is the second leg? We were just up that way in the Sawtooth NF panning gold. Rivers were all running hard and high
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
How was the Pine resort, is it nice or just OK?
Second leg with 3 full days of fishing is Lake Cascade for Perch. On Pine Resort it’s a place close to
launches and is okay, clean and for the most part quiet. I’d fish it again and stay at the resort again as we don’t need fancy.
Nice job it’s a nice fishery. We were there last week and did well, stayed at the Fall Creek Resort about half way down the lake.
(06-19-2024, 10:36 PM)2knots Wrote: Nice job it’s a nice fishery.  We were there last week and did well, stayed at the Fall Creek Resort about half way down the lake.

Guess it wasn't the same resort you stayed at Blush
(06-19-2024, 11:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-19-2024, 10:36 PM)2knots Wrote: Nice job it’s a nice fishery.  We were there last week and did well, stayed at the Fall Creek Resort about half way down the lake.

Guess it wasn't the same resort you stayed at Blush

I will be at the Berry tomorrow through Sunday if you guys will be there lets compare notes.

Yea we drove to Fall Creek resort after fishing.  For us I wouldn’t stay there as the road into Fall Creek is all dirt road and my boat has enough rock chips don’t need any more.  But it was a very pretty ride to Fall Creek.