Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Madness
Had the opportunity to take a some of our young nieces and nephews for their first ever panfish adventure. Went over to Rockport. Fished the west side right at the last bathroom. Simple red and white bobber with one of Pat's 1/6th ounce ice jigs tipped with a worm. Jig was down 1.5-2.5 ft - pretty shallow. We did some scouting a couple days earlier looking for an easy and safe place with a good amount of perch. We knew they would be smaller sized but plentiful and aggressive. Did not disappoint. Caught a ton of fish and enough big ones to have a fry. What a hoot helping these younglings catch their first panfish.

I am so encouraged by the amount of young fish (perch and smallmouth) at RP. They have a lot of good hiding and feeding areas with all the back areas flooded. The pelicans look like good year blimps feeding on them

BUT - I have got to call the park. I have taken Buckwheat 2x to RP and both time the fishing dock has not been accessible. Real shame to have it floating but not be able to get a disabled person onto it.

Anywho - short very fun video with little minions hooting and hollering as the land the ?big? fish

https://youtu.be/vp8BY8XrpH4

[Image: 20240701-093954.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Good on you, those kids will remember and talk about this trip for a long time. Wink
Well done..can't go wrong taking young 'uns out fishing...tks for sharing the video...
Thanks for the adventures. I enjoy this site BFT and your You Tube stuff with Cookie and the Gang. Health issues have set me back and when I need a cup of cheer, I know where to find me some. Two thumbs up for all you do passing the adventures on to others. The Pirate with his best mate Cookie that are the Super Hero's in the many show and tell stories Y'all post. Big Thanks and keep Staying Fun. Wink
Thumbs Up 
That brought a Smile to me watching this video. Those minions will always have that imbedded in their memory. Thanks for sharing.  Cool
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Excellent job. You and Cookie will be in their memories forever by having moments like this. Don't stop.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Hey.  I think I recognized a couple of those bobbers.

Looked like a fun trip.
Thanks all. This couple hrs was really special.

And Pat, not only did them bobbers look familiar so should the jigs. I did not show it in the video but some Pat inc floating gear also got plenty of attention when we had a few minutes break inbetween the madness.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(07-03-2024, 08:53 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Thanks all. This couple hrs was really special.

And Pat, not only did them bobbers look familiar so should the jigs. I did not show it in the video but some Pat inc floating gear also got plenty of attention  when we had a few minutes break inbetween the madness.

Lemme know next time you are going to be in the area.  Got some more "downloads" for the kiddos.