Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith and Morehouse report
We have been out a lot this summer. Mostly short close trips - lots of fun, but I am getting behind on reports ...

This was over a week ago. Ran up early in the AM to see about getting a few grayling. Lots of surface action when we got there but most of them were small. Fished fly and a bubble. Small bead nymph, elkhair caddis, Beatles and mosquito. They all had takes but due to size not so many hook ups. Did get a few decent ones. Greast way to escape the heat dome for a while. Surface bite shut down pretty quick when the sun popped over the mts.

Video link

https://youtu.be/tw5Ns2b3H-E
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Looks like fun while it lasted and a lot cooler. I've always enjoyed fishing with a fly and bubble rig. S&M is a fun little reservoir and beautiful scenery too.
I've lived in Utah most of my 82 years and never fished Smith and Morehouse, although I pass the road for it going through Peoa and Oakley on the way to Jordanelle thru Kamas, all the time.

Your video is great showing the trip up there and where you fished.  Good job!
I enjoyed the video. I also really enjoyed your video: I ONLY need 3 FLIES… !
(07-24-2024, 01:57 PM)lovetofish Wrote: Looks like fun while it lasted and a lot cooler. I've always enjoyed fishing with a fly and bubble rig. S&M is a fun little reservoir and beautiful scenery too.

I really enjoy driving up there in the fall when the colors are changing

(07-24-2024, 10:30 PM)Crimson Wrote: I've lived in Utah most of my 82 years and never fished Smith and Morehouse, although I pass the road for it going through Peoa and Oakley on the way to Jordanelle thru Kamas, all the time.

Your video is great showing the trip up there and where you fished.  Good job!

Not a place I use to go but enjoying an occasional grayling hunt. Gets pretty crowded but where dosent

(07-25-2024, 05:22 AM)JazzyM Wrote: I enjoyed the video. I also really enjoyed your video: I ONLY need 3 FLIES… !

Txs. We are having a fun summer wandering different places
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Sounds fun. I can live vicariously thru you